UK Mode Deletion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baron_Samedi

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK200K
Hi All,

Having read a number of threads about various firmware coding of Mercedes cars, the one feature that is bugging me is "UK Mode Deletion".

What is UK Mode?

And what improvement does Deletion give?

Ta

Curious of Wiltshire :D

Hi,

It gets rid of the irksome KPH display, so it can be replaced with something such as outside temp.

That is what I had done to my car.

Sounding good to me, I've had my car about five weeks and its beginning to bug me :D

So, who can make these "adjustments" for me?

Ta

Gary

Sounding good to me, I've had my car about five weeks and its beginning to bug me :D

So, who can make these "adjustments" for me?

Ta

Gary

You can via the steering wheel buttons. Have a little play around and I am sure you will get to the menus fairly quickly. Consult the handbook if you need to refer to any function specifically.

Is it that easy?

I have enough trouble (given up for the mo) trying to get the damned thing to display battery voltage! Did it once and can't make it do it again grrrr!

So... All I need to do is find a hidden menu, sounds like an old text adventure game :D

UK Mode deletion can only be done using STAR

Without this the kph display cannot be removed / replaced with the outside temp

Perhaps I am wrong (see above). I have done something simliar with mine I am sure in the past.
Maybe I am mistaken. Apologies.

My car was done by Richard at Comand.co.uk, at the same time as the paddle shift mod.

I have had most the coding mods done and kph deletion is very worth while but requires a star machine. It looks like this:

Last edited:
Okay, so I need a STAR expert to rid me of the evil KPH and make the other nice upgrades I desire :D

Now, does anyone know of a creditable person in the Wiltshire area who can do this work?

Or, should I entrust the project to Comand?

Ta

Gary

I live in Wiltshire - and used Alfie and Richard from Comand....thoroughly recommend them to you... you can get a lot more than just UK deletion done .....

Crockers,

You are just tempting me to have an ipod kit installed... aren't you? :devil:

Beginning to feel compelled to indulge in Comand's services....

I live in Wiltshire - and used Alfie and Richard from Comand....thoroughly recommend them to you... you can get a lot more than just UK deletion done .....

Seconded :D

These guys have done a number of coding mods to my car :bannana: :bannana:

What's 'key dependence'?

What's 'key dependence'?

I think it's where settings like seat position etc can be linked to a particular key. So when your partner climbs into the driving seat and inserts her key the seat moves to her (previously stored) preferred position

I think it's where settings like seat position etc can be linked to a particular key. So when your partner climbs into the driving seat and inserts her key the seat moves to her (previously stored) preferred position

Nail hit head on the !

Can this be programmed onto the A/B?

Not without the correct control modules, memory seats, etc..

That's such a good option. I love it, climbing into the C55 in the morning, and the seat and steering wheel moving to my perfect driving position. Even better leaving the car. Take out the key, steering wheel goes up, and seat goes back leaving lots of room to exit.

And yes.......... Richard and Alfie can do almost anything when it comes to MB's. How about changing my front bumper to CLK63............BenzNL not very helpful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom