UK Oil & Gas (LSE:UKOG)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a delicate flower aren't you.

Unwarranted comment.

He's basically right - because your attempt to compare sharing information on an MB forum about MBs with a share tip are not equivalent.

It's entirely appropriate to discuss £1M MBs here and flash pictures of them - whereas tipping shares is entirely questionable - even if in the OT forums unless the mods actually provide a forum that explicitly includes that as a potential topic.

Hi,
As Mercedes owners - I would hope that we are a bit brighter than the average tin box driver.
That intelligence extends to making adult decisions on whether to bet our hard earned money on stocks, shares, gold, diamonds, property, ostrich farms, beer, women and wine!
I find it interesting on what other members choose to bet on - but it would never motivate or persuade me to follow their lead!
Cheers
Steve

DrFeelgood said:
On a Mercedes site, yes it is, on a share tips site, no it's not.
That's why it's posted in the off topic section, grow up.

That's why it's posted in the off topic section, grow up.

Unwarranted as well.

And by your own post *you* also have a potential interest in talking up these shares.

So another example of why these sorts of threads are so potentially unclean - regardless of actual intent.

Dryce said:
Unwarranted as well. And by your own post *you* also have a potential interest in talking up these shares. So another example of why these sorts of threads are so potentially unclean - regardless of actual intent.

Please show me where i talked them up ?

Thanks

Please show me where i talked them up ?

Thanks

Post #17.

And don't misinterpret me - my words were carefully chosen - you confirmed that you had shares - that is why there is a 'potential interest' in talking them up.

I didn't say you talked the shares up .... but on rereading your post I think it would not be hard for some people to take that from it 'well done sir' and 'healthy profit' isn't exactly neutral or discouraging.

THIS is why - intentionally or unintentionally this sort of thread is unclean.

Last edited:
I thought this was on AIM shares ...Sirus is no longer an AIM share.
I seriously doubt anyone would take a 10yr position on any AIM share ( unless locked in,heaven forbid)...including you. I agree that its an interesting share ,now its off AIM.

french said:
I thought this was on AIM shares ...Sirus is no longer an AIM share. I seriously doubt anyone would take a 10yr position on any AIM share ( unless locked in,heaven forbid)...including you. I agree that its an interesting share ,now its off AIM.

Asos is a aim stock with a market cap of £4.70 billion.

I thought this was on AIM shares ...Sirus is no longer an AIM share.
I seriously doubt anyone would take a 10yr position on any AIM share ( unless locked in,heaven forbid)...including you. I agree that its an interesting share ,now its off AIM.

I was in SXX when it was on AIM and the usual suspects mentioned elsewhere on this thread where producing the same negative comments about it. I didn't buy it in one lump I bought a series of tranches that ended up with an average of just over 18p.

When it moved to the FTSE and then almost immediately into the 250 I sold some of my holding as it stabilised at around the 30p mark and moved that money into UKOG. I figured UKOG was going to be a shorter term play (12-18 months to know any long term viability). SXX is unlikely to see much more than 6 monthly updates and will likely stay reasonably stable given where it is now (somewhat de risked but still in need of stage 2 funding) . I actually did this 30 minutes before an RNS was released for UKOG that doubled the share price instantly (Friday 23rd June), I'd love to be able to claim I had some idea what I was doing but it was just complete and absolute luck. Sometimes you just get lucky.

So I've effectively reinvested profit from SXX into UKOG whilst still holding a now smaller position in SXX.

So yes, this is about AIM shares.

I've also recently bought some 88E after the recent drop, not a huge amount (170K shares) on the expectation that the price drop was an over reaction. That is a true bet, but a small one compared to my other positions. It's currently a slightly negative position.

Last edited:
The viability of this thread subject was discussed early on after a complaint was received and it was decided to let it run.

However things are now getting heated and on balance the discussion leans in favour of not allowing share tipping to continue.

Thread locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom