UK Parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it is, but even if not then its still going to be cheaper than a MB main dealer, and seeing as I cant find one in the UK apart from a main dealer.....

Does their offer of free shipping include worldwide shipping?

I think it is, but even if not then its still going to be cheaper than a MB main dealer, and seeing as I cant find one in the UK apart from a main dealer.....
Tell a lie, there is that Inchcape place.
So, I guess its down to shipping, will see tomorrow.

Don't forget the import duty. The handling charge usually isn't much, around £10.

"We offer FREE Ground Shipping on most orders over $75 to the US Continental 48 States"

So £730, plus shipping, plus duty and VAT on top it all.

Cheaper from Inchcape then.

And before anyone asks, I dont know if the shipping is still free, I dont know about duty, I dont know if its delivered by penguin.

Most of the US suppliers use a wholesaler called Worldpac, which is why the websites generally all look the same and all sell the same parts.

Parts tend to be shipped direct from one of worldpac's regional centres which is why they all offer free shipping (to domestic US addresses).

No matter where you order in America, you'll still have to pay duty and VAT, why not give up on the USA and try finding one here in the UK??

the first part number you quoted is £861 inclusive of VAT from Inchcape.

Most of the US suppliers use a wholesaler called Worldpac, which is why the websites generally all look the same and all sell the same parts.

Parts tend to be shipped direct from one of worldpac's regional centres which is why they all offer free shipping (to domestic US addresses).

No matter where you order in America, you'll still have to pay duty and VAT, why not give up on the USA and try finding one here in the UK??
Thats kind of like what I asked for in my first post.

the first part number you quoted is £861 inclusive of VAT from Inchcape.
Now thats interesting, I never thought to check the old number, and both the part numbers are supposed to be for the same part, but you are 100% correct, the older part number comes out at a cheaper price!
Thanks for that, that could have saved me a lot of problems:thumb:.

hey

A 2751500680 £ 700 + Vat

Thanks Acid

Just ordered one from Inchcape.
Of course the order isnt finalised yet, so wont be surprised if they havent got one in stock.
Even contacted Listers at Boston, who are the nearest MB dealer and he said that no dealer in the country have got one, and even the dealers in Germany havent go one!
So, what I have to ask is:
If these things go wrong as much as they have been reported to, then why are they so damn hard to get hold of ???

And Inchcape dont have one either.

Likely to be made in scheduled batches and the latest batch is delayed or not yet due for production.

Too late, ordered one from US, just cant wait and wait for something to happen.
Will be hit for tax, but C'est la vie.

Steve, please keep us posted how you get on with the order from US , it will be good to know if it works out for you and how much for future reference. Mel.

Dubai and Doha Dealerships are also worthy (and trustworthy) places to enquire in the future........:):)

OK will do.
Had a problem with the credit card, but an hour on the phone has found the problem.
As soon as I can I will let you know the cost and time for shipping etc.
Still amazes me that this part is so difficult to get hold of!

Steve, please keep us posted how you get on with the order from US , it will be good to know if it works out for you and how much for future reference. Mel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom