UK Passport and wallet lightening service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrotchomper

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E350 CDI coupe
Folks,

I have finally got around to filling in the form to renew my passport, having realised it runs out in a couple of months, and I am bound to miss out on some last minute trip of a lifetime if I don't (Not that I have been on any sort of foreign holiday, barring Scotland, in about 5yrs:mad: )

Checked the fees leaflet...

£66!!!

Not a happy bunny, particularly since Bristol City Council decided to relieve me of £150 this morning with a nasty council tax red reminder) :mad:

Rant over.

Why so expensive ? :crazy:

Get a one way flight to Albania and stow away in a cargo container headed for the UK , when you get back in the country , get caught and they will give you one for free after a little while ;)

That's how it works isn't it ? ;)

£66 is cheap considering that you are giving the government lots of information about you to hold on their very secure (not!) databases and put on the very expensive chip in your new passport :crazy:

I renewed mine recently, my old passport was sent back from a different place to that the form and passport was sent to. I guess a lot of the cost is taxi fares between the two offices...................... (Glasgow and Liverpool if I recall correctly)

£66 is cheap considering that you are giving the government lots of information about you to hold on their very secure (not!) databases and put on the very expensive chip in your new passport :crazy:

Surely the NEW chipped passport hasn't come out yet? Has it, isn't it later this year?:confused:

I'd better get the application sent then, really cannot stomach handing over any more cash to the Government for the privilege of leaving this place!

Perhaps that's the plan? Passports will cost £10K, provided they carry on running the country into the ground people will be happy to cough up to escape!!

Get a one way flight to Albania and stow away in a cargo container headed for the UK , when you get back in the country , get caught and they will give you one for free after a little while ;)

That's how it works isn't it ? ;)

'fraid not. They will force you to stay in the UK, give you a house and an allowance plus free healthcare and even educate your kids for free when they come over with the rest of the family.

Was refused travel due to water damage on my passport a few weeks ago, got an express service passport.

£95, plus a round trip to Durham. New passport was despatched from an office in Grimsby by hand courier.

I got mine a few weeks ago it has a new wired loop attached to a chip in the back and a new biometric icon on the front so my details can be picked up next time i go anywhere... curiosity will get the better of me and i'll want to see if i can hack it??

Folks,

I have finally got around to filling in the form to renew my passport, having realised it runs out in a couple of months, and I am bound to miss out on some last minute trip of a lifetime if I don't (Not that I have been on any sort of foreign holiday, barring Scotland, in about 5yrs:mad: )

Checked the fees leaflet...

£66!!!

Not a happy bunny, particularly since Bristol City Council decided to relieve me of £150 this morning with a nasty council tax red reminder) :mad:

Rant over.

Its worse for kids. Its £45 each for a five year passport!

The words Rip, off, taxation etc come to mind.

Fortunately I have two British passports so I'm never without one ;) as the wait to renew can take ages!

I did the same a few weeks ago and was a bit taken aback by the price. Maybe the idea is okay, albeit based on the needs of the good ole US of.
My wife has a German passport and ID card. The ID card is just a one page version of the main page of her passport.

I noticed it needed renewal when re-entering the country and the man at the desk said,
Not used this in some time have you Mr Bonzo?
No, I guess not. I replied
Might I suggest that before you travel again you get a new one. This one ran out six months ago.
Thank goodness I hadn t been trying to get into the US of as the morons they have working there would have put me in Guantanamo by now.

Surely the NEW chipped passport hasn't come out yet? Has it, isn't it later this year?:confused:

Nope, it's with us already, just not yet with biometric data. That will be the next trick - sorry you need to have it upgraded with biometric data, that will be an extra......kerching, kerching goes the goverment cash register. And all because America loves biometric data............

But they can whistle if they think I'm having an ID card. That far I do not go. I have nothing to hide but don't think I should have to prove I have nothing to hide. Innocent until proven guilty is reputed to be the British way is it not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom