UK registered Porsche for sale in Netherlands - legit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
Just came across this at approx £30k, very high spec facelift 996 Targa (okay it's LHD but that doesn't bother me). Not sure about the dash though.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/543114.htm

As the subject heading says, is this likely to be legitimate? Appears to be a dealership in Netherlands but they state private sale so no VAT. I believe that if I were to import a used car from Europe VAT is technically applicable.

ill bet that cost a few quid , that interior wood alone would have been a grand+

996's seem to be really good value at the moment. I've always got my eye on the stock here ;)

996 prices have dropped a lot, looking around on Pistonheads, strangely advert for this one:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/553892.htm

I guess English may not be the sellers first language... This conversion would have cost an absolute fortune if as stated it's with Genuine Porsche parts.

996's seem to be really good value at the moment. I've always got my eye on the stock here ;)

That's what I've been thinking, although I think the bottom will fall out of the market as soon as I get one :(

I used to check out Paragon's stock fairly often too.

Just came across this at approx £30k, very high spec facelift 996 Targa (okay it's LHD but that doesn't bother me). Not sure about the dash though.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/543114.htm

As the subject heading says, is this likely to be legitimate? Appears to be a dealership in Netherlands but they state private sale so no VAT. I believe that if I were to import a used car from Europe VAT is technically applicable.

Unless the law has changed, if the car is over 6 months? old & covered more than 3,000 miles, you shouldn't have to pay VAT.

Alan

Unless the law has changed, if the car is over 6 months? old & covered more than 3,000 miles, you shouldn't have to pay VAT.

Alan

Ahhh, I remebered something like that. Only, I had this strange thought that VAT was also due on used imports too and that you were exempt if the car had been owned by you for more than 6 months. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm based in Amsterdam and if it had been local I would have looked at it for you.

I think the meaning of the sentence is that they normally trade in commercial vehicles and since this is a passenger car no VAT is payable?

On import duty you normally have to prove that it has been "used" overseas. As it would appear to be UK registered still, I doubt you will de facto be importing it.

I sold my Lotus Elan to a Dutch guy back in the '70's. He exported the car to Holland and that car is now fitted with re-registered dutch plates but still has its original English registration documents from 1970. I would not be surprised to find that car has a similar history, and, if so, re-importing it back into the UK would present no problems. I would also not be surprised to find it was originally RHD and has been converted. Conversion back would present no problems I would guess.
I would find out exactly what "paint damages" refers to before getting too excited.

Last edited:
Just looked at their website, they sell some interesting stuff.

I'm not serious about getting a Porsche yet, but thanks for the offers of help & advice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom