UKPC and Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ceebrummell

Car
c class coupe
I left my car with a mechanic to sort out the bushes and a month later I received a letter from UKPC saying this is a notice and is my final warning for parking in a disabled bay in a free carpark and the fine is 90,

I ignored that letter since the car park was free and is private property, today I received a letter today from Debt Recovery Plus saying that court action could be taking and I that they 'invite me to declare whether or not you were the driver involved' and this would result in :

• Item being sold at public auction to pay the judgement.
  • court judgment may severely affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.
I am going to show the mechanic the letter to see if it was him or someone else working on the car that was driving the car.

I want to know if these companies are chancers or if they have actually been successful in claiming money in court.

I thought that if it was a private car park there is nothing the owners could do to fine you. They sound like chancers to me

How can they sell the item at public auction if you collected the car after the work was done? :doh:

Have you received any correspondence with regards to a County Court Judgment being applied for (i.e. a Claim Form)? Not to sure whether they apply for a CCJ on behalf of the company (UKPC) and then try to enforce it for them - (this would be different than a Local Council using a Bailiff Company to collect unpaid parking fines as a Warrant is required to enable them to enforce it).

They look a bit two bob to me as they can't even spell Judgment properly (http://www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/enforce/).

Last edited:
Speculative invoice. The bin is the only destination for any correspondence from them.

Thanks a bunch, thought it was abit shady the whole thing, i'll just continue ignoring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom