ukwhitegoods forums - very useful

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
The washing machine got hit by a bout of incontinence and having fixed most of it myself, I turned to the above forum for advice. It is very good. The company also stock loads of spares. Even though I am a complete mechanical noob, I spent £18 on motor brushes and fitted them myself. No repair man needed. I even got the spares delivered the next day after putting "please send quickly - wife giving me grief" in the comments box on the order form. So thoroughly recommended. There is also loads of practical advice on buying white goods written in plain no nonsense english with any BS whatsoever. I used them last year when my door seal failed £40 too and that was completely trouble free.
Thoroughly recommended.
Les

Good work. Feels good fixing stuff yourself that washine machine fixing man would charge you £150 for doesn't it.

I got the brushes for my Bosch washing machine off Ebay for £4.

Did the same with our old machine - replaced bushes, pump, etc, to keep it going. Only problem came when I moved the machine - this particular model had an issue with being tipped sideways resulting the circuit board cracking and so trashing the machine. Ho hum.

But you're right, it does feel smug... and earns brownie points from Mrs E too :)

Good work. Feels good fixing stuff yourself that washine machine fixing man would charge you £150 for doesn't it

Absolutely, and it will earn me brownie points with the russian father-in-law too! He once cannibalised bits from an old russian washing machine and a baby's pram and built a "lawn mower" for the dacha. I must post a photograph sometime! The old washing machine drum now has flowers growing in it too.

If anyone need help with machines dryers or dishwashers,I be glad to share my knoledge

If anyone need help with machines dryers or dishwashers,I be glad to share my knoledge
This is useful to know as post-house-move I have a Miele washer/drier with what I suspect is a faulty inlet valve (fills up to the brim with water even when turned off!) and a dishwasher which no longer advance the little wheel around when it's running.

Domestic nightmare tbh.

I have a Miele washer/drier with what I suspect is a faulty inlet valve (fills up to the brim with water even when turned off!)

Domestic nightmare tbh.

Thats due to the outlet pipe not being high enough.
What happens is that when you empty your sink water runs down the drain and back to your washing machine.
Simply kink the outlet hose under your sink so it is higher than the plughole.
Like an inverted "U" bend

And the Hotpoint parts warrantee is worthless, my washer dryer wore its bearing out, Hotpoint would supply the part but charge me £175 for an engineer to fit it.

Shude:There's 99% chance that the valve will need replacing,you could always open it and try cleaning it as there's tiny dust inside stoping the valve from fully closing
What make is the dishwasher?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom