ULEZ emissions W208 CLK 430 - Some are exempt ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocatansky

Car
CLK 430
Hi guys am losing the plot trying to get to the bottom of what is going on here. My clk 430 is saying ULEZ charges apply but the same year etc on models for sale don't have to when you check ? Why would mine with the same engine be liable and others not ?
Any ideas ( mine is on a private plate ) just don't understand how the same car can be exempt for one and not the other ?

Basic rule of thumb is yours is a "Y" reg or newer it will be ok. "X" Reg or older you are stuffed.

Thanks for the reply poormansporsche craziness really and I suppose I can’t do anything to convince anyone 😩

Watch out for the private plates.....mine was showing up as ULEZ charges apply when I put my plate on, which was incorrect.

I contacted TFL and Mercedes wrote a letter stating that the car was infact Euro6 and compliant which was frowarded to TFL. I also forwarded my yellow car document. TFL then updated their system against my numberplate and it is now crrectly registering.

Many thanks vijilants !
Sorry to ask would you have the Mercedes contact point as that has to be worth a try my side ?
Thanks again

I have a S320 cdi 2001 and a CLK230k 2001 and both are ULEZ compliant

W211 320 CDI (07) & W208 320 (99) and both not ULEZ compliant. I am praying to every god every night it isn't extended to the M25.

I also have a Honda XR400 motorbike which also falls short, so 3 vehicles in one foul swoop...

Basic rule of thumb is yours is a "Y" reg or newer it will be ok. "X" Reg or older you are stuffed.
Whilst this is the general rule of thumb it may be worth enquiring with MB homologation department to confirm emissions levels especially Nox levels as if they can specifiy the Nox levels are less than 0.08g/km you can get TFL to make the car ULEZ compliant.

Whilst MB dont hold this data for a lot of Euro 2 petrol vehicals apparantly, cars such as the OP’s that continued production over the change over point (Early 2001) may be worth a try.

The issue is Mercedes where ahead of the game in emissions but it was not mandatory to record the exact levels in detail during Euro 2 hence why by default they are not ULEZ compliant. Not to say that in actual fact they may well be compliant.

Failing this as this is a sore subject for many of us we can only try to object against it in the official consulation and other petitions:

Don't believe an advert for a car, some of these people will sell you anything under any pretence, then you have to get your money back :eek:

My SL55AMG 2003 is ULEZ compliant at the moment.. I expect the goalposts to move without much notice.. its always been about money not air quality.
Consultation is like negotiating with a lion when you have your head in its mouth.

Hi guys am losing the plot trying to get to the bottom of what is going on here. My clk 430 is saying ULEZ charges apply but the same year etc on models for sale don't have to when you check ? Why would mine with the same engine be liable and others not ?
Any ideas ( mine is on a private plate ) just don't understand how the same car can be exempt for one and not the other ?
Loads are exempt most from 1998

Brilliant! Please get back in touch with as soon you can as I’m very close to buying a 2003 CLK 230K final edition and although everywhere I look tells me that the car is Euro 3 BUT when I put the car registration into the Transport for London ULEZ Checker it says the car is compliant and faces no charge! I was wondering if these cars which may have started the cycle as Euro 3 ended their cycle as Euro 4 but the history put out there categorises all of the vehicles the same from 1997 - 2003! So if you could please let me know for definite that your 2001 CLK 230K definitely does then I’ll go ahead buy it asap

My 2003 Euro 3 SL500 is compliant, both of my motorbikes are not ...it is a crock
Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it, what’s weird is they say that cars need to be euro 4 but I think some of the cars that were facelifted with slightly different engine set ups later in the model’s life cycle may well have had cleaner emissions than the original release so they may work of that information only as Parker’s etc just list the original model’s emissions for entire cycle of that particular vehicle based on the original manufacturer’s data and not on any updated changes! Well if complies then it complies and that’s only a good thing

Not a problem at all - Oddly enough my friend has a 2004 CL500, and his IS allowed into Bristol whereas mine isn't ..... but both the motorbikes are !! Complete nonsense ...

Brilliant! Please get back in touch with as soon you can as I’m very close to buying a 2003 CLK 230K final edition and although everywhere I look tells me that the car is Euro 3 BUT when I put the car registration into the Transport for London ULEZ Checker it says the car is compliant and faces no charge! I was wondering if these cars which may have started the cycle as Euro 3 ended their cycle as Euro 4 but the history put out there categorises all of the vehicles the same from 1997 - 2003! So if you could please let me know for definite that your 2001 CLK 230K definitely does then I’ll go ahead buy it asap
I too checked mine via the TFL website and it says it’s compliant on both cars, my CLK also shows as Euro 3.

I got a clk 55 amg , and I’m trying to make it ulez , another friends they have exactly same car and is Ulez , if you can point me in the right direction , cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom