Ultimate best way to treat stone chips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've never used any of the products mentioned here, always preferring to use a small touch up of paint.

Even an aerosol can be good for this, not by spraying it on the car, spraying a small quantity into the lid and then applying it using something like a cocktail stick. This will put a minimal amount of paint on, which is the preferred method, so just build it up in stages, allowing drying time between each coat. Once the new paint is slightly proud of the chip and fully dried, after a day or so, a gentle polishing should blend it in with the surrounding area. You'll never make it invisible but this method has always worked for me...

Yup agree - the kit I got had the colour and a clear coat - I read somewhere that mixing the 2 and gradually filling the hole is the way to go. Works for me but...I've only filled 3x tiny chips...& if anybody checks properly, they will find them and I am pretty fussy about how I do things.

Yup agree - the kit I got had the colour and a clear coat - I read somewhere that mixing the 2 and gradually filling the hole is the way to go. Works for me but...I've only filled 3x tiny chips...& if anybody checks properly, they will find them and I am pretty fussy about how I do things.
But a man on a galloping horse won't, yep I've heard too about mixing the two together, I'm gonna try that. :)

But a man on a galloping horse won't, yep I've heard too about mixing the two together, I'm gonna try that. :)

I think the information on some of the products could be misleading if people think that the chip will disappear. However - as previously stated, my son has used a mobile guy to repair a stone chip on the roof (above wind screen) of a metallic grey Audi and unless you knew it was there.....but again, it goes to the luck of the draw, experience and workmanship of the person who did the job. My son said he was an "old" guy ---turns our he was younger than me :wallbash:so I must be really good......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom