Ultimate theft protection - Autowatch Ghost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wivenhoe

Car
Was E350e - awaiting BMW 530e
Has anyone had an Autowatch Ghost CAN immobiliser fitted. How much are they and are they a bit of a faff in day to day life ?

They say it defeats all 'code grabbers' but you can use an iPhone to open the car so not sure just how secure they really are.

Any thoughts appreciated as I am thinking of getting one fitted.

http://autowatch.co.uk/product-brochures/552-autowatch-ghost-immobiliser-2015/file

There is plenty of people with them fitted.
You don't have to use the app and even if you did, if your iphone required a pin or fingerprint to access then it should be secure enough.
Day to day operations, the minimum input is a 4 digit button sequence. Take 2 secs to enter.
Prob the best security product on the market in a long time.
I'd sleep better at night if i had one fitted ;)

Well I have not got one fitted but I think the main security of fitting a Ghost is that you have to do things in the car in a certain order for the car too start,as regard using a phone to open the door,well ok I would never use that app,as I am the owner and have the key and so the door will be open I believe it costs about £350 fitted,if I had a 40 grand car I would spend the money because it would seem if you have keyless go then Ghost is the best way of keeping your car.

I've got one fitted - cost was 360.
I set a 5 button sequence and also occasionally use the app.

Very simple to use, very effective and gives me massive piece of mind!!

I've got one fitted - cost was 360.
I set a 5 button sequence and also occasionally use the app.

Very simple to use, very effective and gives me massive piece of mind!!

Easy to fit/install?

It's not right that we have to spend a few hundred quid extra on security on a £40,000/£50,000/£60,000/£70,000 premium car which you hope to be super secure anyway but can seemingly be nicked with a laptop!

...but I have definitely been considering this Ghost system.

Easy to fit/install?

It's not right that we have to spend a few hundred quid extra on security on a £40,000/£50,000/£60,000/£70,000 premium car which you hope to be super secure anyway but can seemingly be nicked with a laptop!

...but I have definitely been considering this Ghost system.

Cost includes fitting. As I understand it Autowatch don't sell the unit outside of their dealership network so it has to be professionally fitted.

Isn't this just like what my mum's old W reg Citroen Saxo had about 17 years ago?

That had a little keypad where you had to input a PIN to disable the immobiliser. Glad to see we have come a long way in car security. Incidentally i always thought that was a good idea at the time. Never understood why it didn't catch on.

So what do you do about codes when the car goes for a service tyres or suchlike, do you disclose the code to them or can it be disabled temporarliy

There's a valet mode, no need to divulge any code.

Does fitting on of these effect the warranty?
If it packs up does it fail on or off ? I've been stuck before when a immobilizer has failed and if it's small and we'll hidden how much is it going to cost to find ?
Not trying to be negative but I'm just curious..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom