Umh! Strange place to park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
The driver of this digger must had that sinking feeling & left singing 'Yellow Submarine' :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Taken from The Herald newspaper in Plymouth

Last edited:
People do strange things in Plymouth

Looks like the River Plym.

:thumb: Spot on Charles, it's at the western end of The Embankment & close to Laira Bridge, How on earth did you spot that one ?

There is a gypsy & traveller site near by so no doubt it'll be towed out of the river by morning

I lived in Plymouth for 4 years, and my parents still do. I have crossed Laira Bridge enough times to recognise the foreshore - it's very low lying compared to the Hamoaze.

Just bought a boat from plymouth. Cant say i envy anyone living there. And i used to live in central slough........ (behind the old adelphi cinema now gala bingo eh charles?)

When I cross the Tamar bridge on the A30 , I always lift my feet and bow to the Piskies.

Helps ensure a good holiday.

To end the story the machine was lifted out yesterday by a huge crane, see attached pic. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch it being lifted out, whilst sitting at my office desk as one of the cctv cameras situated at Chelson Meadow can easily be focused in to scan the area.

I never say much of my work as manager of Plymouth CCTV control room, but yesterday was just a tad interesting, at the time the digger was being lifted out, one big screen was focused on the crane lift & another was on a 'Hard Stop' of a car in Charles St

Last edited:
Did it start ?

Drain the water from the bores and sump, it will run like new. CAT make very strong engines.

Thought so !

I watched a crew drop a bobcat from a crane barge into the river , they managed to hook it after a little while and fished it out , started up fine.

I can't say if it started up again or not, but CAT engines are meant to be bomb proof

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom