Unable to open boot or central locking, SL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keah171

Car
SL500
I am unable to use the central locking of my 2002 SL500, the message close boot comes up but the boot will not close any further or open, the key turns in the lock but does not release. Fuse F71 has not blown, which has happened before and no other fuses appear to be blown either. The PSE pump has been replaced at least twice in the last 7 years. Any other ideas as I have a bag in the boot which I need out urgently!
Many thanks

just turning the key on its own won't open the boot - you need to turn it & hold it in that position while pulling the boot handle with the other hand

Have been trying that for the past 3 days, there does not appear to be a connection to the mechanism, rather it feels as though the whole barrel is turning.

Boot Lock seized ..

Hi - I have exactly the same problem. It feels as if the manual key is turning the entire mechanism.

I assume I need to replace, or at lease remove and clean the lock, but I can't get in to remove it! I don't think you can do it from the outside. I'm contenplating drilling it out, but is there another less drastic solution?

I took the car to the dealers and they had to remove the numberplate and drill through the boot to release it!

That seems a drastic method. Did they try a manual vacuum pump on the line to the lock?

I meant the drastic method!
If the roof doesn't work as well. Then you can be sure the pse pump has failed ( which usually causes the manual lock to do nothing)
Don't ask on the above!!!!!
X2 wires need removing from the roof controller to get the roof working.
Then obviously the boot will open but in reverse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom