Unbelievably bad luck!...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigChap

Car
White C63 PP+
Just back from two weeks away working, jumped in the car and was turning into a tight concealed entrance at a garage forecourt and heard a little bang, closely followed by a car passing me, as I'd braked sharply mid-entrance because suddenly a car appeared trying to exit I thought at first it was my bags in the boot sliding forward, jumped out quickly and took a look at the rear to find that the car behind had actually HIT me the guy kept going! I jumped back in, slammed it into reverse and shot back out (I'm sure there might even have been reverse wheel spin!) I took off in the direction of said car but he was nowhere to be seen!

Angry was an understatement! I headed back to the garage in the hope that someone saw it and got his plate but unfortunately not however the guy who was exiting at the time and went the same direction as the car told me he was sure he didn't leave the ind est. I set about driving through each car park hoping to see the car. Eventually I was waved down by a young guy on the phone who shouted to me that it was him and he was very sorry, he was actually on the phone at the time to the police to tell them. He said he didn't realise we actually touched and that it wasn't until he parked up and his boss who must have seen it told him and said that it looked like I was gonna murder him haha! Wee guy was shaking like a ****ting dog and only had a small scratch on his bumper. I had a big black smear on my rear but no real damage and everything would be fine after a rub down and paint. We swapped details in his works board room and after discussing a non insurance repair I was on my way.

Around 40 mins later I'm almost half way home and reflecting on the earlier events, thinking that it was actually rather lucky as if I'd been only an inch or two further back we'd be talking about quarter panels and tailgate etc when a people carrier pulls out late to pass a truck, disengage the cruise control to slow down and just as I was thinking about hanging back even further incase of stone chips etc a big ruddy piece of tyre is kicked up and I go over it, check the rear view mirror and no sign of it so I thought damn, better pull over at the next turning as I don't want that blocking the air flow to the radiator...

Hungry?!

Bit of good 'ol G3 and a bit if spit n polish...

Turns out the grill is available seperate from bumper and only costs £25!

All things considered, it could have been A LOT worse! Is there such a thing as "lucky bad luck"?!

Last edited:
Lucky the grill did its job and protected the radiator.

I can still see marks on the bumper on the edges which look like part of the damage - or have you work still to do on it?

I can still see marks on the bumper on the edges which look like part of the damage - or have you work still to do on it?

Oh the bumper is coming off and being painted at the other guys cost! Only polished it to make it look better

Fixed the grill and picked up some fresh plates...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom