Uncle Ken Dislikes Motorbike Yobs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Also known as the "conceal the safety benefits and hope those that don't vote for you go an kill themselves" thread....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...d+good+news+on+road+safety+buried'/article.do

Stolen from the Ducati forum I'm a member of... Not sure how trustworthy thisislondon.co.uk is; but I wouldn't be surprised...

It seems that Uncle Ken is trying to get a report on motorcycle safety (in cycling lanes) re-written to help his case...

Just an extract:
A senior mayoral adviser ordered the authors of a report on road safety to rewrite it so it was politically acceptable, it was claimed today.

His alleged intervention came after a three-year study by Transport for London into whether motorcyclists should be allowed to use bus lanes. A trial had found that accidents on two routes where motorbikes were allowed into bus lanes were nearly halved.

Michele

I stand by my original veiw that Ken Livingstone is a disgusting little s*** that needs to be kicked out of office and publicly stoned to death.

Sorry if that sounds a bit strong but I would like someone to give me one good reason as to why the public should not be allowed to stone Ken.

BTW Ken dislikes anything that has an internal combustion engine unless it is a bus that throws out more pollution than Chernobyl.

I stand by my original veiw that Ken Livingstone is a disgusting little s*** that needs to be kicked out of office and publicly stoned to death.

Sorry if that sounds a bit strong but I would like someone to give me one good reason as to why the public should not be allowed to stone Ken.

It will affect the rights of stones to be left alone and not used as weapons, even if it is for a good cause.

Democracy works better, imagine him crying to sleep when he realises nobody voted for him.

Mind you, you will always get the sheep who say its better the devil you know.....which shows you that idiots need idiots to lead them.

Vote Boris!!!!

I must confess something...

<kneels>
Forgive me Father for I have sinned...
I must admit to actually believing that Ken was a good man with a view on what needed to be done to help the environment. I now realise the error of my ways.

(no, that was not sarcastic... I really did think he was the right man to help the global crisis...)
Michele

Seriously ? :confused:

Kens a disaster ..... a proper donkey ... :crazy:

His alleged intervention came after a three-year study by Transport for London into whether motorcyclists should be allowed to use bus lanes. A trial had found that accidents on two routes where motorbikes were allowed into bus lanes were nearly halved.

Is this all accidents or accidents involving motorcycles?

As a cyclist I would be bothered about motorbikes in an empty buslane simply because of the speed differential especially as some motorcyclists appear to find it hard to restrict their speed.

When cycling you can hear a car approach behind you due to tyre noise, but you are unaware of bikes until they pass you.

Is this all accidents or accidents involving motorcycles?

As a cyclist I would be bothered about motorbikes in an empty buslane simply because of the speed differential especially as some motorcyclists appear to find it hard to restrict their speed.

When cycling you can hear a car approach behind you due to tyre noise, but you are unaware of bikes until they pass you.

Thats because most motorcycles are are over silenced. If they had a nice loud exhaust you'd know exactly where it was. :devil:

According to the article it improved safety for all concerned, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians.

According to the article it improved safety for all concerned, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians.

Thanks.

Thats because most motorcycles are are over silenced. If they had a nice loud exhaust you'd know exactly where it was. :devil:

Surprisingly not the case. With the wind noise and the fact most bikes would be cruising as opposed to at full power.

I can assure you that even at very low revs my bike is louder than the noise of tyres on tarmac and yet you claim to only hear the latter?

I can assure you that even at very low revs my bike is louder than the noise of tyres on tarmac and yet you claim to only hear the latter?

It's a different kind of noise. You can hear car tyres approaching, but the exhaust of a bike is only really apparent once the bike reaches you and passes you.
Bike tyres make no noise at all due to the small contact patch.

In addition I can't see most bikers wanting to or being allowed to ride with a blatantly illegal exhaust.

Go and stand near the M25 and listen. Tyre roar will is the loudest noise.

I am speaking from experience of being a road cyclist, approaching motorbikes are very hazardous whereas cars, busses, lorries are not a problem at all.

will it not be fun to buy a V8 and register it as ken livingstone and then sell it to yourself immediately?
The few weeks it takes DVLA to change the details,we could have some serious fun.
then again i am sure there are a lot of ken livingstones in the UK

It's a different kind of noise. You can hear car tyres approaching, but the exhaust of a bike is only really apparent once the bike reaches you and passes you.
Bike tyres make no noise at all due to the small contact patch.

In addition I can't see most bikers wanting to or being allowed to ride with a blatantly illegal exhaust.

Go and stand near the M25 and listen. Tyre roar will is the loudest noise.

I am speaking from experience of being a road cyclist, approaching motorbikes are very hazardous whereas cars, busses, lorries are not a problem at all.

As an experienced motorcyclist I hear bikes not cars approaching. Even legally silenced bikes are almost always louder than cars. This is undisputed fact due to exposed (often aircooled engines) and confines placed on silencers reducing their effectiveness. Clearly you must be a predator Dieselman, your ears are pointing way too forward. :D

your ears are pointing way too forward. :D

errm..maybe..LOL

Or maybe it's because of the wind noise you don't get wearing a helmet..;)

obviously this appies due to riding at speed.

Hah cyclists! Complain about people walking on pavements and getting in your way, car on roads likewise and now get everything out the bus lanes... You'll start ignoring traffic lights next!

/fx Runs away:)

Hehe, I'll side with Spike here... even idlying my V-twin tends to make more noise than most cars... once you start moving its just...

Silence isn't the best description of a motorbike ;) There are quite a few people out there complaining on sunny weekends that motorbikes make too much noise on their nice country lanes ;)

Michele

Or maybe it's because of the wind noise you don't get wearing a helmet..;)

hmmm... I wear the best helmet money can buy and I think there's more wind noise in that than with no helmet at all.

I wear earplugs, I am also pretty deaf and yet I still hear bikes.

Speaking of which, never understood why anyone would wear earplugs! A bike sounds so... sexy - why would you want to drown that out? (note; I have been know to drive extensively with the radio off, "just to hear the engine" :p)

Michele

I ride a push bike and a motorbike (and occassionally a scooter:eek:) around London, and I am fairly sure that there are more irresponsible cyclists around than motorcyclists - virtually no cyclists shoulder check before moving road position (motorcyclists who go through DAS get this drilled into them), cyclists frequently shoot the lights, bounce up the pavement, down one way streets and generally wobble about unpredictably and even (shock horror) drink and ride (I've done all of these at some point).

Sure motorbikes and scooters seem to weave about with complete abandon, but if you spend any time in London traffic (as I do) you soon realise that active filtering is not as gung ho and ill considered as it might first appear.

Cyclists are a vocal group, pay no road tax, nor require insurance or any form of training and I have heard and read many things where they stake a disproportionate and unconsidered claim to their road space.

I'm all for cycling, its clean, green and keeps you fit - but I'm not convinced that they can always claim that other road users are a problem..

As a motorcyclist I give cyclists a very wide berth as you are never quite sure what they are going to do next.

As a cyclist, I just try to keep my wits about me and do my best to ride in a straight line.

And as for pedestrians....;)

Ade

Hear! Hear!

Although a complete stereotype, too many cyclists are self-righteous cretins with no concern for anyone else and a hazard to us all. The fact they don't pay road tax, insurance etc should mean they don't get a voice. To the poster who can't hear a motorbike - get off the road, you're a liability!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom