Uncomfortable car seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

singhranpreet85

Car
E220
Hi guys, i am looking to change my car seat on a w212. The seat is amg version and is too hard and short. It dosent support my thigh and was wondering if anyone knows how i can change them or make them better

You might be able to replace it with the non-AMG version but it won't be a direct swap unless both seats have the same functions.
Also unless you can experience the replacement first there's no guarantee it'll be any better. MB seats tend to be on the firm side.

Hi guys, i am looking to change my car seat on a w212. The seat is amg version and is too hard and short. It dosent support my thigh and was wondering if anyone knows how i can change them or make them better
Try tipping the front of the seat base up as far as possible and the rear of the base down this may support your thighs weight more

Can't help but wonder why you bought the car ? ?

@ringway has gone to great lengths to improving seating the position in some of his cars. Maybe he’l offer some advice.

What is causing the discomfort, the seat or the seating position? One is hard to overcome without expending time effort and cash. The other simply needs a little time and adjustment of the seat. I would try a total restart on the adjustment before anything else.

I found the W212 AMG seats uncomfortable. Not sure if yours are the same/similar to the E63 ones but I just couldn’t get on with them. Spent a considerable amount of time trying to adjust them but it made no difference, used to spoil longer journeys as you’d end up wriggling around in the seat trying to get comfortable after a couple of hours.

I must have owned in excess of 20 Mercedes-Benz cars over the years and have never experienced this sort of problem before or since. Really unusual.

Have a search on the forum, there have been a few threads relating to this - you’re not the only one! :)

You’ll also find a few people claim they’re the most comfortable seats in the world also ;)

Nice cars, but I don’t miss those seats one bit.

I found the W212 AMG seats uncomfortable. Not sure if yours are the same/similar to the E63 ones but I just couldn’t get on with them. Spent a considerable amount of time trying to adjust them but it made no difference, used to spoil longer journeys as you’d end up wriggling around in the seat trying to get comfortable after a couple of hours.

I must have owned in excess of 20 Mercedes-Benz cars over the years and have never experienced this sort of problem before or since. Really unusual.

Have a search on the forum, there have been a few threads relating to this - you’re not the only one! :)

You’ll also find a few people claim they’re the most comfortable seats in the world also ;)

Nice cars, but I don’t miss those seats one bit.
I couldn't agree more:thumb:
I have just returned from a 400 mile round trip and found the seats in my W212 E63 extremely uncomfortable after a couple of hours driving.
I had the (mis)fortune to need Mobilo services (that's another story) and was loaned a 70plate GLC 200d. What a cracking drive that car is. Too big for my personal use, but so comfortable in comparison to the AMG seats.
I would say to anyone who thinks W212 seats are comfortable to try a GLC and see what comfort really is.

Suffering back trouble over the years, many seats I have found very very uncomfortable. The multi contour seats my car comes with are heated and have massage function. They are with out doubt the best I have had the pleasure of sitting and spending time in. Hours apon hours of being spent in them. Find them lovely and comfortable. 😁 That massage function is bloody handsome.

I've no need to experience with other seats, mine are fantastic 🥳

Edit: I have the dynamic multi contour massaging seats.

Last edited:
Suffering back trouble over the years, many seats I have found very very uncomfortable. The multi contour seats my car comes with are heated and have massage function. They are with out doubt the best I have had the pleasure of sitting and spending time in. Hours apon hours of being spent in them. Find them lovely and comfortable. 😁 That massage function is bloody handsome.

I've no need to experience with other seats, mine are fantastic 🥳
They are the same as mine and nowhere near as good as you think they are. Open your mind, try other seats and see how poor they really are.
If you like them, great, but I also speak from experience. They are average at best.
It's funny you are one of the only owners to say how great they are.

They are the same as mine and nowhere near as good as you think they are. Open your mind, try other seats and see how poor they really are.
If you like them, great, but I also speak from experience. They are average at best.
It's funny you are one of the only owners to say how great they are.

You need to calm down a little. If I find the Seats perfect for me liking, who are you tell me otherwise. I have no reason to lie or pretend on how comfortable the seats are that I find. If you can't get along with them than that's your problem not mine!

And for your information I haven't said there aren't better seats available. I find my current ones absolutely brilliant. So back off and try and rattle someone else.

Maybe you need to change your seats or even your vehicle!!

Just to confirm. The seats my car has are dynamic multi contour massaging seats.

I'm not sure what other members have or don't have. I find them extremely comfortable. The dynamic function is a bit of a gimmick. But the massaging function and the comfort aspect (I FIND EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE)

Unlucky for those that don't find them comfortable. Your loss not mine!

You need to calm down a little. If I find the Seats perfect for me liking, who are you tell me otherwise. I have no reason to lie or pretend on how comfortable the seats are that I find. If you can't get along with them than that's your problem not mine!

And for your information I haven't said there aren't better seats available. I find my current ones absolutely brilliant. So back off and try and rattle someone else.

Maybe you need to change your seats or even your vehicle!!
I'm perfectly calm FYI.
I'm not telling you anything, just giving an alternative opinion.
You just don't like anyone with an opinion different to yours.

But of course, you are always right so I'll move on.

I'm perfectly calm FYI.
I'm not telling you anything, just giving an alternative opinion.
You just don't like anyone with an opinion different to yours.

But of course, you are always right so I'll move on.

Ok Roger, I'm always right 🙄.

Your the one who don't like the seats not me. I'm not the one moaning here are finding them uncomfortable.

You have stated your view.

I have stated my views on the seats. I find them perfectly fine and get along with them brilliantly.

I have nothing else to say on the matter.

You have the issue here not me. Clearly making a point that I find the Seats comfortable. If no other owner with the same seats that I have doesn't Then that's their loss, not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom