Undecided on what to do with my C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ZF 8 speed box isn't all that, I've just seen 1 fail at 2k miles split the diff 😳
11k coffee table 🤣
Interesting! Everyone does seem to rave about the ZF8.

As for the MCT7, I think it's a great box in my E63. I don't think you could ask for much better. The only niggle is obviously the delay using the paddles which is very annoying, but not strictly the gearbox!

Yes, they are a bit small and no reach adjustment on the steering wheel if I remember correctly. I had a DC2 import for a couple of years, was good fun and felt easy to move around in even with the low torque of the engine simply because it's so light.

sounds like your out of love with the car. Time to move it on.

WBAC are a business who buy your car and then auction it - not stick it on a forecourt and hope. It’s a turnover model - people who expect private sale or trade in prices are just weird. You don’t have to accept their price. There is an £90 odd admin charge, and they will ding you for stone chips etc... so be prepared to pocket £400 or so less than their offer. I’ve sold two cars to them, and did slightly better than trade in.

But it’s a volume model, they don’t care that it’s an AMG xXX it’s just a chunk of metal.
The weirdest experience I had was with them in Germany when I sold my mum’s car after she died. WBAC Quoted online €4700. Dealer offer : €5500 . Took to WBAC for convenience. They checked the car. Money received : €6200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom