Under bonnet cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the heading say's what's the best cleaner for under the bonnet. I'm at a loose end just now so have decided to clean the engine bay of Range rover, as the others are very clean. Fair bit of plastic so what are your suggestions for degreasing products. Have used Surfex in the past but open to suggestions. Ta
G 101 does a good job

Thanks for all suggestions, well, finally went with what I know, Surfex HD. Range Rover engine was not too bad with only 13000 miles. Only off roading has been climbing a pavement, probably the same as the majority of owners. The majority of under the bonnet is covered with plastic, so actually ended up using my most recent buy of Autoglym Tyre dressing gel & Gummi Phlege for the rubber seals. Plastic came up really well, hope it dosn't melt during the night:mad: Will see how long it lasts:rolleyes: Must say my cleaning is not up to the standards of the pics previously posted, they are so impressive.👍

Oh go on then lol

1624958625446.png
Gt85 on a Rag, Autosol brass wire bruss on the alloy, Megs Tyre n Trim Gel on the black plastics, Narrow paint brush to remove dust from the air intake tube ribs.

Oh go on then lol

View attachment 115128
Gt85 on a Rag, Autosol brass wire bruss on the alloy, Megs Tyre n Trim Gel on the black plastics, Narrow paint brush to remove dust from the air intake tube ribs.
Looks like I'm gonna have to get out the cleaning stuff again after seeing that:wallbash: Knew I should not have put up a pic:mad: Kleenathon 2 coming to your screen soon😊

I'm going to get my CLK done as soon as my Garage is back as its currently full of the wifes New kitchen lol

Can you please show the "after" photos, not the before :D:D:D:)

kc

Obviously mine are before. Thought you would realize that:mad::(. Just sizing up the opposition before I start.
Can you please show the "after" photos, not the before :D:D:D:)

kc

A mate's dad turned up with his 3 year old fiesta (owned from new) and asked if this could be cleaned.
Covered the main areas with some plastic bags (alternator, battery, fuse box and MAF), covered with APC, agitated with a brush and pressure washed off.
Wiped down with cloths.
Removed bags, wiped over and sprayed the eletical bits with WD40
The rest with Autosmart Highsyle dressing
All done in 20 minutes

Attachments

• 20180511_220813-COLLAGE.jpg
    20180511_220813-COLLAGE.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 18
I always use Meguiars engine cleaner/ detailer! The engine bay was certainly dusty on purchase and looks better now. Will certainly need another pass as the plastic trim around the windscreen wipers have been totally neglected!

Attachments

• _20210702_131140.JPG
    _20210702_131140.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom