under floor lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samdogg

Car
clk230 avantgarde,mazda mx5 hardtop convertable
Does anyone know if blue underfloor lighting is legal in this country

You are talking about lights under the floor of your car aren't you?:D

If you are then you can fit them but are not allowed to have them on whilst driving IIRC. They may even have to be disabled when the car is in motion much like video screens in the drivers view.

Someone else will be along who can confirm this, there's plenty of knowledge on here.

Was in the states and saw a merc with blue underfloor lighting working in conjunction with his stereo looked fantastic

Blue lights on the whole are a no-no, even the little LEDs & replacement sidelight bulbs you can get from Halfords are dubious & could result in a pull, if only so they can look for something "proper" to nick you for.

So long as they're not causing glare for other road users, and not showing a white light towards the rear or red towards the front, I'm not aware of any other reason you couldn't have them on while driving; most are marketed "for off-road use only" though.

Does anyone know if blue underfloor lighting is legal in this country

Why do you ask? Why would you want to? Maybe you have bought a car with them on and have not yet had time to get them removed?

Mic

Regardless of the fact I may not like them myself - I'm not sure the OP was asking for people's views on blue lights under cars? :rolleyes:

As far as I can remember, the issue with under car lighting (with any colour other than those which can be found at the rear of a car) is to do with whether the light can be seen from the rear.

So if you are following a car and can see blue light underneath, you are likely to get pulled and will get a vehicle defect notice.

You can use them not on the public highway of course, and have them switched off on the public highway.

As stated, blue lighting is not legal as it is deemed to be 'impersonating a police vehicle' as I was told years ago with blue sidelight bulbs in my Golf.

As stated, blue lighting is not legal as it is deemed to be 'impersonating a police vehicle' as I was told years ago with blue sidelight bulbs in my Golf.

You should have stuck a ladder on the roof and told them you were impersonating a fire engine, was the golf red :D

Daz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom