!underground!bombs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Working in the building right next to Liverpool St. Station and just been told that we may have to stay here overnight :mad:

Took me two hours to get from a meeting back to my office, which is just outside the cordon around the Liverpool Street area. Lots of people afoot.

I see the news channels were giving out fatality figures from two to twenty. From what I could see of the activty around Aldgate, where 90 casualties are reported there alone, it very unlikely to be the lower number. Liverpool Street (the road outside the station) is wierd: usually teeming at this time but right now is is completely empty apart from a few police cars.

There is currently at least one major underground rescue operation in progress.

All rather grim.

I'm sitting in an office in Monument. I normally travel from Liverpool St, so I've no idea how the heck I'm gonna get home.

I can confirm that the mobile networks are down or severely restricted. Its been almost impossible to text, and calling a mobile is very difficult - not even voicemails are coming thru.

Regarding the lack of pictures and so forth - I think its just as the areas are being cordoned off. Liverpool St (Which I can see in the distance) is just surrounded, and we have heard some people reporting individuals on the roof tops in army gear etc but that could be speculation.

The transport situation is just chaos, some stations are open but only heading west, and frankly every 5 minutes we hear the noise of sirens going past. We've had the following message from the city of london police:

In relation to the incidents of the day:

Stay put and stay calm - do not try to travel if you have made it into central London.

Do not call the emergency services unless it is an emergency situation.

Casualty Bureau telephone number to be announced ! shortly.< s.

Coordinated emergency response is in place.

Picture is confused due to multiple sites, but becoming clearer.

No speculation at this time to what has caused these incidents.

London emergency services have been on high alert for some time - no speciffic intelligence to indicate today's incidents.

I've no idea how I'm going to get home - I suspect its a long walk (about 12 miles) and my wife and family are very worried. I'm nervous, very jumpy, and basically I want to go but stepping outside is a scary prospect.

Police are investigating suspect packages in Victoria Station. :eek: We have been advised to stay put in the office. Quite a number of helicopter are circling around the area.

I'm watching CNN and the fire chief at Kings Cross has confirmed that there is a rescue operation underway at Kings Cross tunnel where fatalities are in double figures.

Very Sad.

There is a cordon running from the west of Liverpool Street to East of Aldgate and North of London Wall to the otherside of Broadgate. Bishopsgate is closed.

Whole Underground is gone for the rest of the day, Docklands Light Railway and Heathrow Express suspended. All Zone 1 buses suspended until further notice.

About the only things running are the River services:

Savoy (Cleopatra’s Needle)
Blackfriars
Bankside (Tate Modern)
London Bridge (south side near Hay’s Galleria)
St Katharine Docks (Tower Bridge)
Canary Wharf (Canary Riverside)
Greenland (Surrey Quays)
Masthouse Terrace (Isles of Dogs)
Greenwich
Woolwich ****nal

Number of mainline stations shut: King’s Cross, St Pancras, Euston and Liverpool Street.

_41277449_bus_close_reader.jpg

Not good.

The Home Secretary has addressed the House of Commons and informed Members that there have been FOUR attacks. Three on underground targets and one on a bus.

Numerous groups are claiming responsibility and no doubt dozens of'experts' will give us there opinions.

Terrorism is sadly terror attacks on innocent members of the public.

I am pleased to see our government acting in a calm responsible manner and our Prime Minister is now en-route back to the capital.

To all our members in London, please take care and my thoughts are with all those involved in this disgusting, barbaric act.

John

Forgot to mention: Mobile telephones are NOT down, sadly for all you folks in London it is simply an massive overload of telephone calls. If I can pass on ANY message PLEASE feel feel to pm me.

Take care,
John

Hope all members and their families, friends & loved ones are ok.

Thoughts & prayers are with all victims and their families.

A very dark day. :(

The river is closed to inbound traffic from Greenwich , police are boarding every boat .. also closed to outgoing traffic from Chiswick Pier downwards, police boarding every boat.... :(

My thoughts with everyone in central london today , hope everyone is well

Guy, i think the bus bomb was approx 10.00 am , they shut down the bus network at approx 11.00 am

Dreadful - what is this world coming to :(

Only last night I was so proud that we'd got the Olympics, look forward to the fact that my boys will be 10 and 15 and how great it will be to take them to London, this makes you think again.

My thoughts and sympathies too go for those who have lost their lives and their loved ones familes/friends/husbands/wifes.

Been tryign to get hold of my sister who works in the affected areas by the blast all moring and a short while ago found out she is ok...

Very sad day and I'm deeply upset by this all WHY did this have to happen WHY??? EVIL MENTALLY DISTURBED BASTARDS.....

guydewdney said:
my GF's mum is in / went to russell square for a meeting this morning - anyone know what time the russel square one went off?

noone can get hold of her... :( :eek:

I feel for you Guy, we're in the same position. I just got out of bed off nights and seen this. My wife cant contact her sister who was going down to Edgeware Road this morning.

We're 200 miles away and need news, preferably good

I was not in London today as I had people from London coming to see me rather than the other way around. They were in the area of the blasts immediately prior to the explosions. We are all numb for the "there but for the grace of god" factor. It was unbelievanbly close for them and they are quite shocked. My colleagues are now stranded in Leeds managed to get into hotels and are now wondering when they'll get home.

We have evacuated our offices in places and are asking people to work from home where they can. People are stranded in london with no means of getting home, it's byond belief.

I can't believe the scale of this it's incredible, I do so feel for the victims and pray that all our memebrs and their families are safe.

Be safe people.

As bad as it is - and it is BAD, it could have been allot worse.

Just hoping that is the last of it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

kikkthecat said:
I feel for you Guy, we're in the same position. I just got out of bed off nights and seen this. My wife cant contact her sister who was going down to Edgeware Road this morning.

Mobile networks were up for a while but now O2 is gone again, either switched into emergency user only mode or just overloaded.

Other networks may be the same.

I fear that the casualties at kingscross and edgeware road will be terrible.

Was heading away from Edgware road after dropping off the parents for a day of shopping on Oxford Street when I saw numerous undercover police cars blasting by in all shapes and sizes and was thinking "X5's and Audi TT with sirens ? wonder whats going on". Phone started ringing and soon found out. We have just managed to get in and find out what really has been happening although the radio coverage helped a bit.

Thoughts are with those who are unable to contact their loved ones and ofcourse those who have suffered from this attack.

kikkthecat said:

I echo those comments wishing everybody/loved ones safe.

I work for ITV around the corner from Russell Square. For those of you trying to contact people by mobile phone around here or at the other incidents, do not assume anything - all forms of mobile messaging are intermittent at best. Even landlines around here are ringing on inobtainable from time to time. We also lost power to part of the building.

The incidents both the bus and the tube trains are very serious - evac teams are working underground and will be for many hours. Several people from our office are unaccounted for at this stage. The damage on the bus is localised to the bus itself which was travelling south from Euston towards Russell Square and the centre of town, no-one here knows the number of the bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom