Undertray

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by ruman.muhith, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ruman.muhith

ruman.muhith New Member

I guys, as I was driving back from London to Ipswich on the A12 I ran over a rabbit at 75mph on the left side. I then noticed a sound, almost like a dragging sound. I thought "****, the rabbit is stuck under the car". When I got to Ipswich I pulled into a service station, had a look and it was the undertray ripped and hanging but only by the front left wheel. Can I just replace that section and how much would on be?

2. johnch121

johnch121 Member

Car:
    c220 cdi
  3. E55BOF

E55BOF MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLK55, ML320, ML500, FJR1300, Caponord
    Having not too long ago de-rusted and painted the OE undertray on my (now sold) '98 W210 - the undertray is steel, and judging by the weight appeared to have been made from part of the hull of a scrapped battleship - I idly looked at what is available on eBay. On the first page of results there's a Plain Jane plastic aftermarket replacement for £35.90; there's also a "high-quality" (I can well believe it) one for £929.85 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

For that price, I would expect solid silver at least, if not gold-plated titanium. Incredibly, they claim to have sold four! There's one born every minute - and at least four of them own a W210...

Tags: