Undertray

ruman.muhith

I guys, as I was driving back from London to Ipswich on the A12 I ran over a rabbit at 75mph on the left side. I then noticed a sound, almost like a dragging sound. I thought "****, the rabbit is stuck under the car". When I got to Ipswich I pulled into a service station, had a look and it was the undertray ripped and hanging but only by the front left wheel. Can I just replace that section and how much would on be?

E55BOF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500, SLK55, FJR1300, Caponord
Having not too long ago de-rusted and painted the OE undertray on my (now sold) '98 W210 - the undertray is steel, and judging by the weight appeared to have been made from part of the hull of a scrapped battleship - I idly looked at what is available on eBay. On the first page of results there's a Plain Jane plastic aftermarket replacement for £35.90; there's also a "high-quality" (I can well believe it) one for £929.85 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

For that price, I would expect solid silver at least, if not gold-plated titanium. Incredibly, they claim to have sold four! There's one born every minute - and at least four of them own a W210...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom