Underworld

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
I saw Underworld at the flicks on Saturday night. It's a fantasy about a family of vampires who are at war with a community of lychans (werewolves). I won't bore you with a review of the film, except to say full marks for the use of quality MBs! The vamps have a nice black w140 s-class, there is a 190e police car and a very tidy looking w123 taxi. Lovely :D

Oh yeah, and I enjoyed the film :)

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0320691/

http://www.entertheunderworld.com/

Nick, I bow to your superior judgement sir (not seen it yet) but other friends have told me to avoid, like some cross between Blade & The Matrix, sadly a mix of all the offal as opposed to the finer quality cuts.

One for DVD maybe...

Originally posted by GregE240
Nick, I bow to your superior judgement sir (not seen it yet) but other friends have told me to avoid, like some cross between Blade & The Matrix, sadly a mix of all the offal as opposed to the finer quality cuts.
Well, it has some elements of blade and the matrix, but only because it looks good at times and because it has vampires in it :) . Black pvc clothing and chrome things existed before both films :) . This film was done on a budget of only $25m, which means it cost less than the opening sequence of Matrix Reloaded, and all the stunts are live action, no CGI. Unlike the Matrix, people actually get hurt when they fight, and being a vampire flick there is a lot of blood. Vampires don't turn into dust when they die so there's no comedic Blade/Buffy style deaths in there and the use of mostly English cast a very refreshing change. It is more than just eye-candy, there *is* an interesting story behind it (a bit like Romeo and Juliet believe it or not!) and IMHO it officially doesn't suck, which is saying something, given recent releases! :D

Originally posted by Shude
... It is more than just eye-candy, ...
You have to admit that Kate Beckinsale in a skin tight leather suit is pretty attractive eye-candy though ;) :p

Heh, Johnathon Ross slated it in Film 2003, yet he was much less scathing when Kate appeared on his Friday night guest show, how suprising :rolleyes: NOT. Haven't seen the film myself so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt given your enthusiasm Nick.

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
You have to admit that Kate Beckinsale in a skin tight leather suit is pretty attractive eye-candy though ;) :p

OOOOOOOOhhhhh sexy.

Sounds a good film I was thinking of seeing it when my shifts fall on a weekend, so I can see it in the week when its cheaper and less people about.Another film that looks good is, The League of extraordinary gentlemen,Have only seen trialers for it, but looks good.

Originally posted by Shude
I saw Underworld at the flicks on Saturday night .... a family of vampires .... at war with a community of lychans

Yeah - that's about right for Mike Baldwins factory. Never figured they'd make a movie about it though. And Kate Beckinsdale behind a sowing machine - was she playing Hayley?

It's ok - I'll get me coat .....

I wanna see Kate Beckinsale in a skin tight leather suit tooooooo
:cool: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom