unfortunate Daily Mail giveaway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_k

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa GTV 3.0
this came from another forum

1195331242.jpg

not being a Mail reader, I can't vouch for it's authenticity but it doesn't look like a photoshop job

That's brilliant!

oh my, that's really tactless, watch out for that headline on Have I got News for You!

Totally tactless, irresponsible and shameful!

No , killing the girls in the first place and burying them in ones back garden was "Totally tactless, irresponsible and shameful!"

The paper made an error in proofing the front page - that's all .
Let us get our anger in the right place.

No , killing the girls in the first place and burying them in ones back garden was "Totally tactless, irresponsible and shameful!"

The paper made an error in proofing the front page - that's all .
Let us get our anger in the right place.

The anger is in the right place, one has been done a psychopath in a society where these things should not happen.

The latter is done by the media, and the editor should be fully aware of their responsibilities to society, and the impact that their opinions have.

Regarding the former, I am one for corporate punishment once full and genuine guilt has been established.

Unbelievably stupid on their part or perhaps a publicity stunt:mad:

Nah Alfie; it will just be **** up like the other major item in the news today!

The anger is in the right place, one has been done a psychopath in a society where these things should not happen.

The latter is done by the media, and the editor should be fully aware of their responsibilities to society, and the impact that their opinions have.

Regarding the former, I am one for corporate punishment once full and genuine guilt has been established.
They made an error, just like the bobby with the exhaust pipe sticking out of his what's-it. We should all really get a life, and try to smile once in a while.

Does anyone honestly believe this was done deliberately?

John

I think you'll find that the Daily Mail are fully aware of the impact their opinions have!!!

But lets not get carried away with this, if Jaymanek was the editor he wouldn't have spotted what was wrong and no doubt there are thousands of others who wouldn't see the mistake until its pointed out to them.

Just because some peoples sense of humour picks up on things like this doesn't mean that it should have been stopped before going to press. All it is is a title of a free DVD and a completely seperate headline! no joke was ever intended.

When I was a kid I found the line in the hymn "i was cold I was naked" very funny during assembly but I doubt a church full or christians role around in between the pews everytime they sing that line.

But don't let that stop the Daily Mail bashing!! :D

This is just more 'political correctness' and it irritates the heck out of me.

Jay had to have this explained to him, which means that it's not exactly blatant, and I had to read it a few times before I saw the tenuous connection.

Error on the part of the editor notwithstanding, it is people continuously taking offence on the part of others that makes this kind of thing an issue. Anybody directly affected by these recent unpleasant events is not exactly going to be tipped over the edge by this unfortunate front page, and to bring it to everyone's attention, and then to decry it on this and other forums is what I would consider "Tactless, irresponsible and shameful", because even more people now have the opportunity to be upset by it.

Having said which, I believe that anyone who does find this slip-up upsetting has got their proirities wrong. It's an irrelevance for the victims and their families; I think we should all treat it the same way.

I think Andy_k's thread title makes the point perfectly...

Its unfortunate, nothing more and nothing less.

Many, many years ago I had the misfortune of being in hospital for Christmas.

In the bed next to me was a man that had just lost both hands, the radio was playing and all was well with the world until...............................

a song came on the radio called: 'You Need Hands'

I can still see that man crying!

Was the hospital tactless to allow the radio to be switched on?

was the composer wrong to choose those lyrics?

I have said it earlier and I'll say it again. We need to grow-up and get a life!

In this age in which we now live we have to be so careful in what we say just in case it 'might' offend the very people that are whinging about this foo par. Of course it was not in the best of tastes, but there is no way I would ever accept this was done deliberately and for those that suggest otherwise... then that's there right to say it.

Andy_K
I am not getting at you as I note you have not offered an opinion either way and have just posted this thread:)

To those that have complained :p :)

regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom