Unfortunate Names.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Friend of ours was Miss Gotobed...........she often carried her passport with her to win bets!

And you expect us to believe that? ;)

Then again I'm reminded of Chinese girlfriends in HK. They decided it was a good idea to choose a Western name from magazines.

So I ended up with Shandy and my mate's Japanese girlfriend was F@nny. Better tho' than trying to pronounce their real names after a night in Wanchai.

Many years ago, I was researching the origins of Mercedes-Benz for an historical car show magazine. In a telephone call with Mercedes, I asked for the name of the person that could assist me with the relevant information.

The reply from the helpful woman on the other end of the line said: "Mr. Puddiphatt". Instantly, all I could think of was 'I tawt I taw a Puddy Tat' (Loony Toons: Sylvester & Tweety).

I burst out laughing, and couldn't stop - all the more so as I struggled to maintain my composure. I had to end the call promptly, as I couldn't go on.

Apologies to Mr. Puddiphatt at Mercedes: I'm sure that you're a very serious person at heart.

my dad used to have a customer called Mike Treblecock - pronounced tresbelco unless you were the receptionist making appointments for my dad she called him Mr Treblecock much to everyone's amusement and another Mr De'Ath.

We had a bloke at work called Colin Garbutt or C Garbutt - always raised a titter!

Justin Wright. I blame the parents...

SWMBO tells the story of how, as a young girl, she went on a couple of dates with a guy she knew only as D*ck. It was only after she called at his house and was snootily corrected and told by his mother that his name was Peter that she discovered he was a member of the Ennis clan.

A friend of mine was going to call his son Isaac, but when he said his name in full, he soon changed his mind. His surname was Hunt :D

Thanks to Billy Connolly for...

The Scots cousin of a Mongolian dictator.

Genghis McCann.

We have a pilot at work and his name Richard Tuer (Dic.k Tuer)

SWMBO tells the story of how, as a young girl, she went on a couple of dates with a guy she knew only as D*ck. It was only after she called at his house and was snootily corrected and told by his mother that his name was Peter that she discovered he was a member of the Ennis clan.

What is the Ennis clan?

Yung Bum Suk (Oh yes. Korean.)

And a Russian lad, just about to start at an English public school, called Shagamov. I hope he is either a big strong boy, or a fast runner.

His mother, of course, is called Shagamova.

KTVU Reports Asiana Air Pilots Were “Sum Ting Wong” and “Ho Lee Fuk”

Bay Area news station KTVU just reported that the pilots of Asiana's disastrous flight 214 were the crack team of "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow."

Asiana Crash Investigations Focus on Pilot Inactio
Read more
Despite the names obviously being just a bunch of racist jokes, KTVU, which has since apologized for the report, says in a statement given to Gawker—and read on the air—that an NTSB official confirmed the names to them earlier today.

EARLIER IN THE NEWSCAST WE GAVE SOME NAMES OF PILOTS INVOLVED IN THE ASIANA AIRLINES CRASH. THESE NAMES WERE NOT ACCURATE DESPITE AN N-T-S-B OFFICIAL IN WASHINGTON CONFIRMING THEM LATE THIS MORNING. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS ERROR.
Update: NTSB Public Affairs Officer Peter Knudson just told Gawker that the NTSB's policy is to never give out pilot names in these situations, which contradicts KTVU's claims. "I don’t know who [KTVU] got that from, but we do not release names," he said.

Update #2: KTVU has issued another apology on its website. In it, the station maintains that an NTSB official confirmed the fake names: "Prior to air, the names were confirmed by an NTSB official in the agency’s Washington, D.C. office."

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Bruce, I'm inclined to think that, unless the whole story is a hoax, there was Sum Ting Wong with the reporter if he believed it...

A classic:

ls.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom