Unhappy with new car order - help appreciated.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Evoluzione

Car
AMG A45
I ordered a new A45 last week, or I think I have but am really not happy with the level of service I have received so far.

I've not got a correct order form, haven't really signed much, dealer is awful at returning calls, have been promised a copy of the order to check days ago, last one had an error on it.

They just wanted me out the showroom once I had agreed the price, I don't actually know what is happening with the sale despite asking numerous times.

So far I've left a £500 deposit, can I cancel my order get a refund and go elsewhere?

You should have a "cooling off period" that allows you to cancel with reasonable grounds. I would suggest that you do so in writing if you are determined to do so.

A couple of pointers here

Sometimes there will be a limbo period between order and organising handover.

It's month end, they may be busy.

Dotting the I's and crossing the T's may be preferable later on when it's quieter, especially if the car isn't on site yet or a factory build for a few months time.

That said, there is absolutely no excuses for bad service though and feel free to request deposit back straight away and go elsewhere. A car purchase (of any kind) should be fun and relaxed, especially an AMG where the sales member should embrace that experience themselves.

Good luck with it.

Well if you are using the local MB dealer,are you going to be happy using them for the services,do you feel happy they will sort any problems,if you are not happy cancel the order,do you feel that as it is the A class you are not getting the proper service level?I suppose the main point is you are upset enough to post here,so do what you think best.

As said above you can exercise your right to cancel. However, don't cut your nose off to spite your face. If you've got a good deal & discount stick with it. Collection day will soon be here and you'll be grinning from ear to ear!

Ant.

Personally, I'd get a refund and go elsewhere.

Unless as said, you got a stonking deal.

Even then, I'd imagine a lot of other dealers would match - good luck finding one with a sales department which isn't inept.

Although JBD on here is very much one of the exceptions to the above - he could probably assist and is a top bloke... :thumb:

Thanks all for advice.

I cancelled my order with the 1st dealer.

I then went to another dealership which is actually part of the same group and got brilliant customer service, was made to feel welcome, everything was explained, they matched my admittedly incredibly good deal and gave me the warm and fuzzies I was expecting when buying my first ever brand new car.

Great result

How did the 1st dealer take the news of cancellation?

Thanks all for advice.

I then went to another dealership which is actually part of the same group and got brilliant customer service, was made to feel welcome, everything was explained, they matched my admittedly incredibly good deal and gave me the warm and fuzzies I was expecting when buying my first ever brand new car.

Great result.

Hope this is the start of a good experience as it should be.

Keep us posted. And give us details of your order, spec/colour etc.

Ant.

Thanks all for advice.

This is exactly why you cancel an order from a company who doesn't give a toss.

Vote with your feet and have a nice experience - which is what buying your next motor should be all about.

Not putting up with shyte customer service and rewarding it.

Some people give in too easy and put up with it - their welcome to it.

Enjoy your new car!

Thanks all for advice.

Complimenti !

Great result

How did the 1st dealer take the news of cancellation?

They didn't seem particularly bothered which really sums up my whole experience with them.

The difference between two dealers within the same group was night and day, second dealer was genuinely shocked when I told them what had gone on.

They didn't seem particularly bothered which really sums up my whole experience with them.

The difference between two dealers within the same group was night and day, second dealer was genuinely shocked when I told them what had gone on.

Absolutely bizarre. Unfortunately it's something I hear about daily

Name the dealers? Or just the good one if for some reason you don't want to mention the bad?

How long should it take to issue my deposit refund?

Three weeks and I'm still waiting for the money to be returned to my account.

Funny that I'm reading this post after the one I started. Refund should be instant, if paid with card then you should walk in and get a refund straight away?

How long should it take to issue my deposit refund?

Three weeks and I'm still waiting for the money to be returned to my account.

Best way to get a refund immediately is ring and ask to speak to the dealer principal. If he is not in you should get passed to the Manager in charge, then make it clear you wanted to speak to the top banana and will ring back when he is there if your refund is not done immediately.

Abracadabra, refund and salesman gets bollocking.

At least that's what happens where I work :) but to be fair it is very rare as no salesman wants a punter who has cancelled an order giving him more grief. Life is too short and the job has too much crap involved without looking for more.

Last edited:
Update.

I'm still waiting for my refund, calls are not being returned, e-mails ignored, every time I phone people are in meetings or with clients, asked to speak to the dealer principal but got no joy.

I might just go to the dealer and ask for the refund to be put on my card there and then but have a feeling they will just leave me sat there until I get bored.

I've checked all my paper work, I never actually signed an official order form with them (hence the cancellation for poor service) just some pre finance stuff, and have no T&C's.

Any ideas on how to best proceed ?
Do you think I'll see my £500 again or am I being strung along?

Dealer is part of LSH Auto Group, can I still complain to Mercedes Benz Customer Service?

On a positive note, my A45 will be arriving 3 weeks early, so only a fortnight more to wait.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom