Unimog, now that's a campervan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks in remarkable condition. On an E plate- so 25 years old?!

Fantastic vehicle for the price of one of those modern VW transporter campers too. Only downside must be the mpg - do you think it would hit double figures?

Fantastic vehicle for the price of one of those modern VW transporter campers too. Only downside must be the mpg - do you think it would hit double figures?

I was looking into building a camper van a couple of years ago, and I seem to remember a feature on that vehicle. I believe its a recent build on an older vehicle.

Its a great thing but where would you use it? Ideal for crossing continents but which ones would you dare cross...Australia maybe but there again why would you want to as there is nothing much there:confused:

Aussies, snakes and crocs, in decreasing order of unpleasantness.

Somehow I approve of the sheer pointlessness of the thing.

A friend has a 110 ambulance camper convertion. It did 10 mpg.
The he had an new International diesel engine fitted (I think it a copy of a 300TDi LR engine) and it does around double that.

Its a great thing but where would you use it? Ideal for crossing continents but which ones would you dare cross...Australia maybe but there again why would you want to as there is nothing much there:confused:

You'd need that thing just to get across most of the campsites in Gower during a typical Welsh summer.

It's one of those vehicles I want, but aren't quite sure why. Like a plain girl in a short skirt.

You have a point....the world seems to be shrinking...the days of crossing the Sahara have gone, the old hippy trail to India is pretty much off limits...sad

Get a Pinzgauer - My brother has a couple including an ex ambulance version , one of the most capable vehicles on the planet and regularly has to rescue land rovers and range rovers from situations they get theselves into .

But I cant imagine travelling around the world in a Pinzgauer

Why ? Such a capable vehicle - will cross deserts - rivers - climb mountains and you can live in it . Swiss army rarely wrong look at their knives lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom