Uninsured Vehicle?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Just got a letter from the DVLA stating that if I don't respond I will get a fine for not insuring one of my cars...

The funny part is, I don't have that car anymore - having donated it to Barnardo's quite a while ago (April iirc).

Now, the annoying part is - because the DVLA have lost some car documents before I always send things to them signed for... like this one was sent. So I know they received the old V5 when the car was given away.

So now I'm a little ticked off... and their phone line isn't open on a Saturday... so I need to call them on Monday to ask them to please dig through their old mail and update their records. What annoys me is that if they manage to lose a "signed for" letter with the V5 - what's to say they won't lose the complaint I send them?

grrr....umble

M.

Last edited:
What a shame your kind donation turned out to have a bit of a sting in its tail

the police also loose important documentation - especially if it impacts them negatively - whether its recorded or not - after all recorded or registered only says that a package document letter or whatever has been delivered or not - it doesnt say what was in it. So if an organisation or individual sends something and its signed for it doesnt mean that whoever receives it has to admit to receiving it - they just deny it - you try to prove that you actualy sent what you sent. now if you use email and its all clearly visible - even the police would have a job denying it - however everyone trusts the police dont they? imho you would be daft too - imho theyre very devious from the top down. if u think the latest hillsborough revelations has changed anything imho you would be naive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom