Unique maserati 4200 manual + full gransport look/kit/alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockits

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 E55K Estate; 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE;2004 E500 Estate;2005 Alfa GT V6;306GTi-6;206 GTi 180
Well the time has come that I must look to sell the hybrid. I have not advertised the car anywhere as yet other than the Sports Maserati forum. I thought I would pop it on here secondly in case there are any on here looking to add an Italian marque to their German stable. I will look to advertise the car on Ebay in a weeks time if there is no interest from the forums. It is great looking car with all the GranSport bits on even down to the GranSport decals/bagdes on the front wings under the V8 badges. It has full GS front/back bumpers, GS side boards and 19" GS alloys. To the untrained eye it looks like a GranSport.

The car owes me pretty much £13k excluding my considerable labour time. All I'm looking to do is getting my £13k back. I'm not looking to profit from the project in any way. It has been an interesting and informative project, has made no sense from a time/money perspective at all. However I like working on cars and I have learnt a great deal.

It is very nearly where I wanted it to be but I am really not getting the time to finish off a couple of last little jobs due to other projects. I have done the important bits and most of the less important bits. As the weather is turning and we are coming into spring I thought it would be better that someone else get the benefit of the car. Rather than my only very occasional use.

This car is very well documented on the Sports Maserati forum and many know a great deal about it. I have become very intimate with her over the last few months. Nothing has gone wrong in my ownership at all with only the things wrong with it when I bought it initially. So here is the story for those who don't know. It was originally bought by Beau (another SM forum member) as a cheap trade sale. He did a few bits to the car and I bought it from him. I am a very open, honest and transparent person so have nothing to hide. It is all here to see warts and all. I bought the car from Beau for £10k.

The first thing I did was book the car into McGrath Maserati for them to do a full workshop inspection and appraisal on the car. The inspection was very very detailed and gave me a nice (long) list of jobs to work through. I think the report is a little harsh on a 2003/53 car with 89k miles. However I knew all issues with the car warts and all so no bad thing I guess. I would rather this extreme detail than a report missing things only to bite me on the bottom some while later. All issues were in the open day one.

I then started looking through all the jobs I could do myself saving substantial labour costs. Also the jobs it made sense to get McGrath Maserati to do. I have worked on cars as a part time pleasure all my life and am lucky I have a nice workshop space to work on the car with all tools/kit needed to do the work. I work in a technical industry so a car is no more technical than what I do as my day job. Somewhat easier most of the time in fact!

These are the jobs that have been completed:
4 x SM Brake Discs & Ferodo pads replaced all round.
Multi V drive/aux belt replaced.
Camcover gaskets replaced on both sides/banks.
LHR wheel bearing & ABS Sensor replaced
Radiator fan resistor replaced.
Steering rack gaiters left & right replaced.
LH front acceleration sensor re-connected & re-fixed.
Rear anti-roll bar u clamp bushes replaced left & right.
Scuttle area cleared/cleaned & cabin pollen filter replaced.
Battery re-bolted down & breather pipe attached.
Fuel filler cap electric release replaced.
Heater/fan blower unit replaced.
Reverse lights micro-switch replaced.
Rear parking sensors replaced.
Headlamp units re-fixed.
RH door kick plate replaced & re-fixed.
Rear boot release & bowden cable replaced.
Tow eye replaced.
Air filter replaced.
Gearbox service - oil & filter replaced.

I think that was about it! Any questions please feel free drop me a PM. Happy to chat over the phone. For any viewings the car is located just outside Potters Bar but could be viewed in Hitchin if easier.

Here are a few pictures:

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

guestaccess.aspx

Sorry about the duplicated pic....not sure what happened there and I can't edit the post ;)

Ooops....that didn't work. I'll try again!

Forgot one more job/item that has been done. I have replaced the old battery with a brand new Bosch Silver S5 battery.

guestaccess.aspx

Deposit taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom