Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classiccarzone

Car
S203 CDI estate; S204 Cdi Estate,CL 203 X 2; Daimler V8 250 X3
I am thinking of putting two Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on the front of my S204.
They have good reviews and an "A" rain rating.
Anybody here have experience of these tyres?

I currently have Pirelli P7's and I would not use them again

I've had good results on Uniroyals on several other cars but never put them on the Merc.

As above, I've got a set on my S8 and also had a set on a Lupo GTI and certainly recommend them. Granted, the former weighs 2 tons, but aquaplaning is non-existent whether on tight B-roads or flooded motorways, road noise is acceptable and dry grip is very good.

FYI, they're owned by Michelin.

Bit of a marketing gimmick as quality summer tyres are great in wet conditions plenty are A rated as they have epic rain channels .

A6992212-2494-4675-A70C-9C9EAA683B89.jpeg

13912660300_b7ff27718b_o.jpg

Shark skin technology , lol .

Have them on my A207. Very good tyre for the money.

They have all of the characteristics of a good tyre in that the feedback is there and when you do find the limits it is a progressive loss of grip.

FYI, they're owned by Michelin.

Not quite, they are owned by Michelin in the US and by Continental in Europe. Doesn't stop them being on of the best picks in the mid range of tyres though and better than some of the premiums.

I think i will go with them and go for the summer tyres.
The summer tyres have an "A" rating whereas most winter tyres have a "C" rating.

Hard to comprehend the necessity, not the wisdom to go for winter tyres in this part of Europe when you are going down two ratings at a time when we have loads of rain.
In any event if you want to be able to travel in snow what you need to do is to get narrow tyres.

Hi,

I have a pair on the front of my W204.
They are very good so far. I have only covered less than 5,000 miles so I can't comment on their longevity.

Note:- They are asymmetrical and not directional -- there is an inside and an outside. When they are correctly fitted it looks like one side is wrong.

I would definitely recommend them.

It is good to hear from those who have used them. I will certainly get two for the front

I'm on my 3rd pair of UR3's on the rear 275/30/19's.
The grip is great especially in the wet - after having a minor rear slide when I got the car with cheap tyres, I changed them for the UR3's.
Aside from the good reviews, they come out @ £117 ish at camskill compared to the £200+ of other tyres.
I get around 15k from them too.
I have a pair on the front -245/35/19's currently on 21k but wearing at the edges - probably my fault as they were at 35psi vs the recommended 39.

I'm on my 3rd pair of UR3's on the rear 275/30/19's.
The grip is great especially in the wet - after having a minor rear slide when I got the car with cheap tyres, I changed them for the UR3's.
Aside from the good reviews, they come out @ £117 ish at camskill compared to the £200+ of other tyres.
I get around 15k from them too.
I have a pair on the front -245/35/19's currently on 21k but wearing at the edges - probably my fault as they were at 35psi vs the recommended 39.

Great, that is another plus for my confidence in getting them. Wet grip is very important for me.
You will get away with some underinflation in a smaller car but the Mercedes is merciless when it comes to underinflation.

My Pirelli P7's are wearing at the edges also as they were 2lb underinflated for a couple of weeks as the tpms was set too low

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom