Unit17 Carbon Styling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StephenSJason

Car
C63 Supercharged
Credit where it’s due, I thought I’d post it up my positive experience with a UK seller of Carbon Fibre styling options for the 204 C63.

They are called Unit17 and are based in Birmingham. I have no affiliation, living in West Sussex and all.

I stumbled across this company just before ordering a Vorsteiner style front lip from well respected RW Carbon USA. The drawback being shipping time and of course, import duty. I was delighted to find a genuine alternative seller in the UK so made contact.

My questions were answered promptly and any doubts I had were laid to rest due to what came across as the seller’s genuine enthusiasm for his business and that these parts are made in the UK. I placed an order.

Only a couple of days later the front lip arrived, wrapped in military grade transport material. A couple of weeks have passed and I have now had time to fit it. The lip is as are most, FRP with a Carbon Fibre overlay and I am more than happy with the quality of the weave, colour and rigidity of the piece.

The most important part of things like this is the fitment, and if I had any doubts remaining they were all gone when offered up. The lip fits exactly to the contours of the bumper and it is the correct length I.e. reaches corner to corner.

Fitting was pretty easy, just some carefully drilled holes needed for the underside, and the front face of the lip secured with 3M trim tape. I did not need to force fit it, bond it or fill any gaps with black silicone as it is as snug as you can get.

If you’re looking for any styling options for your W204 facelift then I’d highly recommend Unit17. They offer in addition, the PP style boot spoiler (I would have bought if I hadn’t already fitted a genuine item to my non-PP) years ago, side skirt fins and a rear diffuser. I will return my custom
for these items in the near future.

bQEG1Ys.jpg

hVpcC0B.jpg

sBkqe8q.jpg

855LMPM.jpg

HuYxy7r.jpg

Looks good:thumb:

Do they have a website, as a quick search doesn't bring up anything with that name?

No they don’t, but they are running an eBay store. It seems if they don’t have what you want, they can make more or less whatever.

unit17-uk on eBay

That's going to scrape a lot...

I thought so too but nothing so far and I haven’t been careful. The front overhang on the 204 isn’t that bad, not like and M4’s for example.

Time will tell.

Nice diffuser, a style I’ve not seen before,

It’s the Vorsteiner style. Vorsteiner have the original design, but it is a lot of money for something THAT close to the ground :D. A replica piece was a much better idea I thought.

Heard good things about this company too on facebook group.

Not too sure about all these FRP with carbon overlay being made in UK.... seems too much work and set up to start these business with W204 starting to phase out.
Seems more like small companies buying from China and more stringent screening of the stock they received to ensure proper fitment.

Heard good things about this company too on facebook group.

Not too sure about all these FRP with carbon overlay being made in UK.... seems too much work and set up to start these business with W204 starting to phase out.
Seems more like small companies buying from China and more stringent screening of the stock they received to ensure proper fitment.

Their bread and butter seems to be BMW bits.

I was going to get a diffuser but I don’t really like the big fin style, not without other mods to support it. They suggested I send them some photos of something I liked better and they’d look to make it or source it. I think it’s one of the US companies that makes something somewhere in the middle of OEM and big fin, which is what I’m after.

Yea thats looks well cool

Not a fan of aftermarket usually but that looks great. Really works on the car well and the fitment as you state is perfect.

I also did wonder if it would scrape. Hopefully not!

Not a fan of aftermarket usually but that looks great. Really works on the car well and the fitment as you state is perfect.

I also did wonder if it would scrape. Hopefully not!

Thank you. Styling is totally personal and I agree with you, but this one just seemed to flow and after 5yrs of ownership, although I still love the way it looks I just felt it could do with a little something, OEM+ I think people call it.

Their bread and butter seems to be BMW bits.

I was going to get a diffuser but I don’t really like the big fin style, not without other mods to support it. They suggested I send them some photos of something I liked better and they’d look to make it or source it. I think it’s one of the US companies that makes something somewhere in the middle of OEM and big fin, which is what I’m after.

If this is something you are after, Give carboncrazy.co.uk an email! They have the Mid style diffuser in stock!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom