Universal Media interface in W024, an update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boristhebold

Well it’s been a couple of months since the car arrived and it’s got nearly 8K on the clock now. The car, a 220CDI auto, I like a lot, I still can’t decide if its better to be in sport or comfort around town or not, the gear changes just seem slightly wrong either way. I love driving the car, I like the max speed control, very handy for road works.:thumb:
With the UMI, I’m very pleased with the USB and Ipod controls, no issues with charging the Ipod but mines an older one. I’ve not tried the Bluetooth streaming yet. The only niggle is the volume, its lower than the rest of the audio and a traffic announcement can blow your ears off if your not careful. Its worth noting that during a phone call or TA the UMI does not pause the track, ok but a bit annoying if it’s an audio book and your an hour in. I’ve yet to workout how to fast forward part of a track.:wallbash:
The Sat Nav is a not quite so rosy, its growing on me but it’s it is limited compared to other units. On long journeys I’ve had my TomTom running at the same time, this can be quite interesting, routing for the most part is OK, so I suppose my main gripe is the lack of information, the Tomtom is a smaller screen but is packed with detail where the UMI is not, the zoom on the UMI is not as close and can make unusual junctions tricky.

The TMC seems to work, sort of, it is at least as reliable as Tomtoms traffic via GPRS, I was sat on the A12 this week for over an hour and both were saying that it was clear even though the road was closed. I don’t like the fat blue line that indicates your route but obliterates the detail of the road your on. Still at least I’ve worked out how to silence the route instructions. I still miss the speed camera POV.
I think there is a software update but my dealer just looks at me blankly. (computer says no)
I’d be interested in other peoples views.
Chris

Koolvin

Yes I saw that some time ago but as a new member I'm unable to PM him, perhaps when I have a few more posts to my name

Chris

Koolvin

Thats very kind of you, I will try it and let you know, If I can get the update to work I'll post any improvements I find

Chris

UMI Update

Hi All,

First time post :)

- Have UMI in class bought Jul 09, does the update file be after this date ? Would someone be so kind if I should update system to supply zip password for extraction. I did notice the file was from May 09 so perhaps I have most uptodate version as is possible. Do you know how often files are supplied/released...

Kind regards... Logie

Anyone, able to advise as above post,

Logie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom