Universal Media Interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
I recently upgraded this unit to Navigation 20, following reading on here about the three button dodge to get into the configuration menu to set USB and IPod volume levels, I also looked at the Navigation Menu.

The options are
Showroom
Dead Reckoning (ticked)
Freeze (ticked)
Block Address Entry

I presume Showroom is for demonstrating the system by dealers, however can anyone explain what the other options do, I can find nothing in the original manual, or does anyone have a link to a Navigation 20 manual that explains it.

Configuration menu not for end users so doubtful the Navigation 20 manual will have anything about it.

Block Address Entry is probably the function to prevent address entry in motion, which is a legal requiremement in some places (Netherlands I think) and I expect to end up a legal requirement all over Europe sometime !!

Cheers

Richard

Block Address Entry is probably the function to prevent address entry in motion, which is a legal requiremement in some places (Netherlands I think) and I expect to end up a legal requirement all over Europe sometime !!

Cheers

Richard
aah! that makes sense, but still puzzled by freeze, I'm guessing dead reckoning is if it can only see a couple of satellites it makes an inspired guess where you are.

Something else I've never had happen before, I was sat in the car waiting for the wife as you do! listening to an album from the USB stick, when a Message popped up saying the system would shut down in 3 minutes if the engine wasn't started.

Something else I've never had happen before, I was sat in the car waiting for the wife as you do! listening to an album from the USB stick, when a Message popped up saying the system would shut down in 3 minutes if the engine wasn't started.

It's safeguarding the battery.

My COMAND system does the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom