Unknown Fault Light ( 2008 VITO CDI 111 )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dutyhero

Car
vito 111cdi
Dear All,

Can't get the photo online yet however driving into work and a Yellow fault light appeared on the left hand side of the dash display.

i will try to draw it

\ /
|::::|
/ \

Sorry for the poor drawing , Does anyone have a copy of what all the dash fault lights are ? Or does anyone know what this is ?
Obviously i dont have an owners manual or else i'd check that .
I'd guess the the answer is go to garage , just like to know whats up with the van

Many thanks

I need a picture of it.
The books are cheap from MB parts, they take a couple of days to get in but are very handy.

Can't find a bloody picture of that on Google at the mo , to confirm

\ /
|::::|
/ \

Not a snowflake telling you it is cold outside by any chance?

Is it either of these?

Sorry about the poor quality but the online manual is very small.

Thats the one Cheers

Still need to get hold of a owners manual for the van .

Answer is :-
Dirt accumulation in air filter

spoke to the garage and he told me to drive it a bit harder to burn the bits off.

Thanks all ,

Thats the one Cheers

Still need to get hold of a owners manual for the van .

Answer is :-
Dirt accumulation in air filter

spoke to the garage and he told me to drive it a bit harder to burn the bits off.

Thanks all ,

Driving it harder isn't going to burn the bits off, it doesn't get hot. It's the engine air intake filter and it needs replacing. A temporary fix might be to remove the filter and brush the dirt off it, but a clogged filter is going to affect fuel consumption and performance. I could understand what he said if it was the DPF light, as that burns the bits off during regeneration.

Last edited:
Sorry , Yes after i wrote that i realised that i had got it wrong. The advice from the dealer was about a DPF snag . Which this is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom