Unlock Becker Sat Nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

socoolmichael

Car
Mercedes Benz
I have purchased a Becker Map Pilot from eBay but it is asking me to input a pin number but the previous owner says that he never installed a pin security number.

I have searched on the web to resolve but with no joy and am desperate for a solution or an unlock pin number. Please, can anyone help me..?

System Settings - Becker MAP PILOT Operating Manual [Page 51]

The Map pilot is linked to the vehicle when the pin is optionally activated.
The charitable interpretation is that the seller bought car + Becker installed [with the pin activated] and thus was never " challenged" to input a password.
The cynical interpretation is -----it was nicked .

If the first ----one way is to send it back to the seller to re-install in the originating car [ if he still has it?] This will allow him to disable the password function before sending the unit back.

It's tough judgement call depending on (a) how cooperative the seller is? (b) how much you trust them

Yes I did but there is no help offered there to unlock a pin number

Thank you for your input. The previous owner tells me that he purchased the car secondhand and that the Becker unit was already installed and also that he himself did not input a security pin number.

You need the original code to unlock the unit. Have you tried resetting the unit, there is a small hole that allows you to reset the it.
Alternatively ( the unit is basically a hard drive, You could plug the unit into a windows PC and format the unit then reinstall the software from the becker web site.

Buyer of my navigation encountered the same problem as in initial post. Apparently if someone put PIN code once, to keep device secure, the Becker will remember it after it's installed in different car.

I put PIN for testing and disabled it straight away, but device kept it and asked for PIN when installed in different car. Luckily I remembered the PIN I used for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom