Unlocking mobile phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
I have just got myself a second phone, as my current one is starting to play up and it is a few months yet till I,m due an upgrade. Has anyone got any experience of unlocking mobiles? It appears quite a simple process, but I need an unlock code which I will get charged for, any recommendations on a reliable supplier for this code, any advice greatly recieved.
It is an HTC Wildfire (S model I think).

This looks quite reasonable and as its Paypal you can always complain if it doesnt work

http://www.code-calculator.co.uk/htc

Went with this one as it was cheaper than the one Dec put up and as you say they took Paypal, still have,nt got the code yet though, but I won,t be worried until this time tomorrow night if I havent recieved it.

Doesn`t seem to be working with Iphones

Official iphone unlocks are very expensive from independants and vary depending on network. However they are permanent and don't become 'undone' if you do a software upgrade. What network are you one? O2 do it for free, most charge around £15-£20 if you got the handset from them and are on a payg or contract

Went with this one as it was cheaper than the one Dec put up and as you say they took Paypal, still have,nt got the code yet though, but I won,t be worried until this time tomorrow night if I havent recieved it.

If you get stuck I may be able to help with obtaining the code

Too late now but I always use FoneFun Shop. Always reliable and helpful. Regards, Jeff.

They are reliable but a bit expensive

Doesn`t seem to be working with Iphones

You don't ever need to pay to unlock an iPhone .

Just put the new SIM card in ( having first backed everything up to iTunes ) , then when you dock to your computer and iTunes opens , click on reset .

When you do the factory reset , the phone will be enabled to whichever SIM is in it , then rebuild from the saved profile .

You can do this with a brand new under contract iPhone ( although you still have to honour the contract even if you are using a different SIM ) .

^ Its great, the things you learn on this forum whilst trawling the various threads, may well need to use this tip on my daughter’s phone. Thanks Pontoneer.:thumb:

You don't ever need to pay to unlock an iPhone .

Just put the new SIM card in ( having first backed everything up to iTunes ) , then when you dock to your computer and iTunes opens , click on reset .

When you do the factory reset , the phone will be enabled to whichever SIM is in it , then rebuild from the saved profile .

You can do this with a brand new under contract iPhone ( although you still have to honour the contract even if you are using a different SIM ) .

Are you saying this is possible on any iphone or any new iphone provided on contract? I agree with the latter as they come unlocked but lock to the first sim that is inserted, unlike true sim free ones bought from Apple.

Yes , any iPhone .

Restore to factory settings resets any iPhone .

I have done it to numerous phones , both contract and PAYG on different networks .

Yes , any iPhone .

Restore to factory settings resets any iPhone .

I have done it to numerous phones , both contract and PAYG on different networks .

Thanks for the tip, will try it out on my iphone 5 even though it still under contract.

Although just wondering, will the phone be unlocked on all networks?

It just moves it over to whichever network you have inserted a SIM for .

Can you do this to activate an Iphone as well ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom