unlucky or lemon ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stewslash

Car
c class
Having bought a facelift c220 estate things haven't gone so well , first off the eco function disappears every time i use the car for the second time in a day ( not too bothered about that )
then falling roof tile lands on my roof denting it a chipping paint whole roof needs repair paint , and now whenever we get heavy rain the left indicator stops working and today ( heavy rain again ) multiple warning dash come up in the cluster all kinds of rear lights failing and now the car won't lock off both keys
after further investigation it seems the rear camera is a retrofit and not a very good standard , water is getting in somewhere from the top of the boot wether it be a incorrectly fitted seal or blocked drain channel , would any of you kind ladies or gents be able to post some pics of the boot seals that meet the top of the tailgate on a s204 please ?

Oh dear, I don't want to be rude but was it cheap ?
Electrical problems can be very difficult/expensive to put right, the same can be said for water leakage.
Is it under warranty,can you reject this car ?

just about average price but bigger spec than anything else out there at the time , the eco fault i don't care too much about as i find it a annoying feature anyway , the leak however is causing the issues , it has a 3rd party warranty and a full MB service history up to aug 2016 , i don't think the leak will be covered though

The eco fault is probably a failing Aux battery. A diagnostic check will soon reveal the issue.

The rear light, indicator and etc are all functions of the rear SAM control module. Look on left hand side compartment in boot, I bet its gettting water into it.

Bad news is they arent cheap (circa £400 for the part) and need dealer Star system to code them in.

The eco fault is probably a failing Aux battery. A diagnostic check will soon reveal the issue.

The rear light, indicator and etc are all functions of the rear SAM control module. Look on left hand side compartment in boot, I bet its gettting water into it.

Bad news is they arent cheap (circa £400 for the part) and need dealer Star system to code them in.

thanks for the info all lights are ok now apart from n/s indicator and n/s rear fog light is constantly on ? , in the left hand side of the boot all i see is the HK subwoofer

I had to reject my car due to water issues, the c class build quality is shocking but not quite as bad as Mercedes customer service!
My old car still sits unfixed and getting wetter, I assume it will be sold at some point in the future, feel sorry for the person that buys it as they'll be in the same position as you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom