Unnecessary journeys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seahope

Car
SLK230
This weekend I ended up driving the car miles and miles just so I could get used to the way the car behaves and performs and find empty roads to experience the acceleration. I am behaving like a teenager again :eek:

I don't get why people think SLKs are girls cars. Certainly my 230 could easily become a window maker if I drove it too stupidly.

This weekend I ended up driving the car miles and miles just so I could get used to the way the car behaves and performs and find empty roads to experience the acceleration. I am behaving like a teenager again :eek:

I know exactly how you feel :thumb:

Sadly I can't remember the last uneccasary drive that I did. I just don't enjoy it enough now.

I can remember the last Unnecessary journey though. It was to be on site at the start of an office fitout. I'd spent the previous day in London, then had to fly to Glasgow for this, then the train back to Doncaster. No car. everything paid, the contractor rang while 15 mins from Gatwick to tell me that his subbies had let him down and the project would not be starting after all. Long two days of travel that was.

Pretty sure all my journeys are unnecessary. I only drive for pleasure these days.

I hear that, I bet we all do it!

I went for an unnecessary drive this eve!

An uneccesary journey for me is the missus asking to go to the shops more than once a month :D

haha, sorry but this guy does a better job at window making than your car.

making_windows.jpg

:bannana:

I sometimes take the long way home.... ;)

I want to take the kids to Warwick Castle on Friday as opposed to the Museum of London. The reason being that the former represents a 200 mile round trip and the latter 10 miles.

I don't get why people think SLKs are girls cars. Certainly my 230 could easily become a window maker if I drove it too stupidly.

Short back and sides please.

I bought an 02 C class 230k coupe sport 2.3l and it is a petrol sooker, so now i do not do any unecessary journeys.......although i do enjoy the journey when i have to drive!

Pretty sure all my journeys are unnecessary. I only drive for pleasure these days.

Three weeks ago was my last pleasure run, but the car wasn't right. Only joruneys since the week before christmas has been taking the car to the garage to get fixed.

However, next month, things change. The shed and hog will be on tour and this is the reason I bought a nice car. If I honestly just used a car as a utility I would not have been so lavish with my cash outlay or expenditure on "having a car".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom