unstable handling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
I went around a roundabout not at any fast speed and my W209 tried to get away from me and the back end went out causing the esp to start fighting for control.

The wife tells me it has happened to her yesterday. Both times it was on a damp road and I have checked the tyres for obvious wear and pressures.

I have also noticed on the odd occasion I have done a fast takeoff from start in sport the esp light flicks on and off and it does not feel as stable as you would expect.

Any suggestions what it may be.

gh3382

Too heavy a right foot in unsuitable conditions ?

My 430 gets the ESP going all the time , it's just doing its job.

As above...it sounds about right to me.

On a quick start without ESP you will spin the wheels...ESP stops that happening, hence the yellow triangle.

Might be worth getting the rear control arm bushes checked.

Peace of mind if nothing else.

Our 209 280Sport was dreadful for this. Get the alignment checked and some decent tyres on it like Michelins. What does it have on it? Pirellis?

Our 209 280Sport was dreadful for this. Get the alignment checked and some decent tyres on it like Michelins. What does it have on it? Pirellis?

My CLS has Pirelli tyres and they have phenomenal wet grip ....

I wasnt in the car with the wife but when i was driving it was far from a heavy right foot.

I will get the rear end checked over as a precaution.

perhaps 6 slabs in the boot may help lol

gh3382

I wasnt in the car with the wife but when i was driving it was far from a heavy right foot.

I will get the rear end checked over as a precaution.

perhaps 6 slabs in the boot may help lol

gh3382

By The Way; Does Your Wife Drive In HIGH HEELS !! Just A Thought. :dk:

By The Way; Does Your Wife Drive In HIGH HEELS !! Just A Thought.

No she had flat heeled boots on .

gh3382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom