Unusual (but brilliant) Covers

merc-c

Car
320cdi w203 2005 in Silver
Daneliya - Rise Up from the voice Ukraine

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car...
I love these guys ... they do a huge range of covers (Highway to Hell, Wuthering Heights, Shaft, etc.), but their only George Formby number is one of my favourites. Usually referred to as "Lenin on a Lampost":

Me too. I've seen the Ukes live six or seven times now and was due to again a couple of weeks ago in Cardiff, now postponed until January. But to whet the appetite of the uninitiated further...

Steveml63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
ML63 AMG
Hi,
This guy is both a great singer and an amazing guitarist.
His channel has many vocal and play along covers!

Cheers
Steve

ss201

Car
190E 2.6 Sportline, W203 320 CDi SE Estate
Joe Cocker's cover of "With a little help from my friends"

Always loved Joe's version of this Lennon/McCartney song. Shame Joe's miming in this video......

A little lighter, but a superb cover of a great CS&N song. I've posted this before, but I'm still amazed that the two girls in this LIVE performance were only 16 and 17 at the time.

ss201

Car
190E 2.6 Sportline, W203 320 CDi SE Estate
Not sure if this counts as a "cover" - as Robbie Robertson was a member of The Band, who wrote & recorded the original all those years ago, but this is one hell of a masterpiece of playing, singing and production.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, E220 Avant. W211 (and some Imps)
Joe Cocker's cover of "With a little help from my friends"

Always loved Joe's version of this Lennon/McCartney song. Shame Joe's miming in this video......
Is a pity and a give away at 2m 41s when he doesn't mime.

DrFeelgood

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 740Li W172 250 petrol
Joe Cocker's cover of "With a little help from my friends" ... Jimmy Page on lead guitar and the drummer from procol Harem on ... drums:

I always thought that the Woodstock version was the best, no idea why you dragged this one up really.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230 w251
I'd like to offer a bit of light, tongue in cheek entertainment. The first is from a band local to me, and half the fun was trying to work out what they were playing when I happened upon them. Here's one of their covers

But the masterpiece is from this orchestra that overdubbed their own recording for their own amusement. The female singers get me every time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom