Unusual coloured C43 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Just saw this this never seen a 43 in this colour before, nice plate too, and appears to be in nice condition too.
MERCEDES BENZ C43 AMG DESIGNO PURPLE METALLIC 1999 on eBay (end time 01-Mar-10 13:12:02 GMT)

Though the coloured part of the steering wheel looks like it maybe marked, and why would,nt you take the covers off the seats and straighten that wheel up?

Last edited:
Why is the steering wheel the wrong way round when the wheels are straight?

!BmwB2KQ!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-CUEtgsZPOlYBLgvjm4u-w~~_3.JPG

Nice colour I like that. The C43 is such a good looking car.

They're not quite though are they.

That does look amazing another designo special that :thumb:

Terrible photos of a car that is up for sale.
Why not empty all the crap out of it first!!!
Not a lover of the colour

The Palm tree air freshner does for me. It's got to be the new "must have add-on"!!!!

Not really keen on the colour although it's different from the usual C43's.

Edit: Ignore just realised the listing was for a s600 before and he then changed it to a c43.

The front wheel isnt straight though, take another look!

So, what are the front seat covers hiding? I bet the interior of it smells nice!

The centre bumper bar is missing also ££££

1) Someone's nicked the AMG badge off the back
2) Are those plastic wheel arch trims I spy? Wonder what they're hiding...
3) "lovely silver and black interior which you can't see because I didn't spend 5 minutes emptying the car I want to sell for 5 grand.."
4) Hasn't got the folding wing mirrors, but it does have a net in the passenger footwell, like my friend's W203 has; why doesn't mine?
5) Split/folding rear seats again

Very.. interesting colour, would like to see it corrected and shiny.

Not liking the spoiler though, doesn't sit right on the 43. C36 yes, but not the 43 IMO.

1)
2) Are those plastic wheel arch trims I spy? Wonder what they're hiding..

Not liking the spoiler though, doesn't sit right on the 43. C36 yes, but not the 43 IMO.
The trims were optional and as for the spoiler i don`t like it either.Still a lot of car for the money,me thinks :)

2) Are those plastic wheel arch trims I spy? Wonder what they're hiding...
UK regs (maybe Euro regs aswell) required them. They should have been fitted to all W202s cars with 17"s factory fitted due to the width of the wheels & adiquate covering of the arch. most people take them off though. V expensive IIRC!

4) but it does have a net in the passenger footwell, like my friend's W203 has; why doesn't mine?
As far as I know, all facelift W202s had them as standard? pull up the side carpet and look for any evidence of holes where someone has removed it perhaps. I retro-fitted one to my 95 W202, the nets are available from the dealships for around £20

I dont think its OEM, the C43 spoiler was much thinner than that, that said im sure ive seen an OEM like that. Would look better removed I agree :)

Last edited:
The interior should have been black. As mentioned a very smelly looking car, can't understand how someone can neglect a car like that, you can imagine what the house is like.

nasty spoiler, worn steering wheel, and the colour may be rare but I don't think it suits the car particularly well. All IMHO of course.:)

On a totally unrelated point, for about a grand extra someone could have mine...with a spotless interior..:thumb:

Hi,
The spoiler I believe is a gen AMG item I nearly bought one a few years ago from my local dealer, but in retrospect I,m glad I did,nt, I preferred the smaller more subtle one that Killer Hertz mentioned.
The wheel arch "trims" are actually made of rubber and just stuck on with 3M double sided tape, and are an unbelieveable £56 each IIRC.
The colour IMO opinion is what makes this car, it will be close to, if not unique, if it had been a silver one on e-bay I would not have given it a second glance, a C43 is a special car anything else that makes it more special IMO is worth having.
As been mentioned it has,nt got folding mirrors, but neither has a lot of 43's, folding mirrors is one of the more easier OEM mods to do on a W202, more importantly it has the Xenons option, though they can be retro fitted together with the auto levelling system it is prohibitively expensive even using second hand parts and involves removal of a lot of gear to install the levelling loom correctly.
Though I agree he could have at least taken the covers off of the seats and removed his gear from the the car before taking pics, judging by the condition of the exterior I suspect the interior will be in good condition apart from a bit of damage on the wheel.
Price wise he is saying it needs to go, and he,ll take an offer.
Less than 100,000 miles, Designo Paint and Interior, C43 AMG, I reckon if it sold for £4000-£4500, it would be a bargain.

Prefer Azurite Blue with a black interior :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom