• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Unusual little problem..

Wow! That is a thread resurrect!

I remember taking the wiper off, then gently prising the old tin "cover" away from the screen. I think I used a small flat screwdriver, but it was a while back!! :) The new one I simply blu tacked on and replaced the wiper. It stayed on firmly for the rest of the time I had the car.

Still seems an odd way to deal with the rear wiper, but the new one at least looked ok, and wow, from £6 to £18 in around 7 years! Wish my house had gone up 300% in that time!

Cheers mate, I appreciate it’s been a while haha

Got the plate arriving today so may give it a shot, main concern is removing rear wiper.

I found with the wiper, it was a case of gentle, but persistent! LOL!

It took a while, but with some jiggling it came loose.

I still wonder why MB chose to have that piece of flimsy trim instead of a hole in the glass with a grommet like most hatches seem to be! LOL

Good luck!

I found with the wiper, it was a case of gentle, but persistent! LOL!

It took a while, but with some jiggling it came loose.

I still wonder why MB chose to have that piece of flimsy trim instead of a hole in the glass with a grommet like most hatches seem to be! LOL

Good luck!

Collected part from Royal Mail office today.

It’s actually very nice looking, I think it’ll really make the rear end look better once it’s replaced… for not much money it’s well worth it.

26_EB145_D-_F3_F5-4718-9952-9_D0_E29_F94_EA4.jpg

This may help anyone else who has this same issue,

E8_E77240-6279-407_B-924_A-0_BBF1_FC8_A57_A.jpg

Collected part from Royal Mail office today.

It’s actually very nice looking, I think it’ll really make the rear end look better once it’s replaced… for not much money it’s well worth it.

26_EB145_D-_F3_F5-4718-9952-9_D0_E29_F94_EA4.jpg

I agree, once on it looked so much better than the rusty original! :)

I blutacked mine on, how will you affix yours?

I agree, once on it looked so much better than the rusty original! :)

I blutacked mine on, how will you affix yours?

I think I’ll use double sided tape or blutack as you did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom