Unusual Passenger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
You'll never guess who I had in the back of my car tonight!:confused:

A baby fox, in a box in the back of the estate.:rolleyes:

We heard a lot of noise out in the garden at about 11 o'clock, had a look with the torch and found a baby fox cub under one of the hedges. Obviously very distressed and had something wrong with it, looked like a broken back leg.

We left it for a while but it was really shrieking and very upset, decided to do my RSPCA bit and try and catch it. Grabbed some wooly gloves and a big box and went to catch it. I dived under the hedge and grabbed it by the scruff of the neck but it turned and bit me! Ouch they can bite, teeth were like puppies needle teeth.

We were both quite upset now as we are both animal lovers and don't like to see an animal in distress (and it bit me and my hand was bleeding:mad: ), I got some thick welding gloves and tried again and after about 20 minutes of running between my hedge and the neighbours fence I managed to catch it with the help of a fishing net that I use to clean my pond.

I have never seen a baby fox close up, it was very cute and just like a dog in many ways, the poor thing had a broken back leg, not sure if it got hit by a car or what. We took it to the vets and unfortunately there was nothing they could do for it, being a wild animal and everything thing.

It was very sad to see it being put to sleep and has upset me a fair bit. Just sat here now with a large whisky before I goto bed hoping my bite wound won't go nasty.:D :D

Hey, but look on the bright side..........the girls in the office will love me tomorrow (even more:p ) when I tell them.:D

Jimmy, very touching story. I would have done the same. I did rescue an injured animal once. It was a racing pigeon I spotted in the middle of a dual carrigeway. Took it home and called the number on the ID ring. Unfortunately the bird died before help arrived.

Now, as the self appointed resident doc, what have you done about your wound bites. Have you had tetanus boosters recently? Please do not ingore this. The large tumbler of whisky sound very handy to soak a wounded hand in.

Concered Steve

That was my first thought, make sure you get the bite checked out.

...yes get the bite checked out, but please lets us know what the office girls thought of your bravery! ;-)

I have a strange passenger every time I drive the car, (no, not the missus) My parrot goes everywhere with me. She even sits on my shoulder all the way from Lancs to Bournemouth and back about 4 times a year.

Originally posted by jimmy

Hey, but look on the bright side..........the girls in the office will love me tomorrow (even more:p ) when I tell them.:D

Now where can I find a baby fox?:devil: :devil:

Thanks for the concern guys, the hand is fine, alot of blood but just a little scratch.:)

The girls think I am a really nice bloke now, caring, gentle, considerate:D I got to take one out for a drive yesterday afternoon to demonstrate the Road Angel. Wow leather seats and aircon are amazing, what an effect it had!!!!!!!:p

Grav, don't worry about getting a fox, anything small and furry will have the desired effect.:D :D

We have a cat, now all I need is to find something to break its leg with :devil: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom