UPCI (UHI) Control Unit borked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GreigM

Car
R320
So after a quick session on a Star machine it looks like the control module for the telephone prep (UPCI [UHI] Control Module) on my R-class (2006) has decided to pack in.

As its on the MOST bus it helpfully means the whole comand system is offline. I can buy a replacement control unit for about £100 second hand, but can anyone tell me if I can just do a straight swap, or is this somehow coded to the car and require a dealer install?

I'm not bothered about phone prep, never used it, but would like the Comand back up and running for stereo/sat nav etc...

If you don't need hands free, you can remove the control unit. Just connect the fibre to bypass the phone control unit. At some point it would be useful to code the target MOST configuration to match the change.

Had a look at the control unit, see no obvious way to bypass without spending £50 on a bypass plug, whereas I can get a replacement module for not far off the same money - and it retains functionality in case I sell the car.

So the question remains, when I plug in the new module, will I need a session with Star to get it up and running?

So the question remains, when I plug in the new module, will I need a session with Star to get it up and running?

I did not check it but no, this control unit does not need version coding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom