Upcoming Map Pilot update (improved safety cameras)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfdezg

Car
c220
Hi guys,

I am using the Becker Map Pilot one year and some months ago I purchased the danger spot function.

My feeling about how danger spot function works is really bad. The warning level is weak (similar to the phone noise when we receive an e-mail), do not give sign if overspeed, do not show how far are us from the speed camera, sometimes warn you when the speed camera is a paralel street, etc.

Therefore I have complained some times to Becker support center. Late January they told me by phone that a new SW update will appear by end of February that will significantly improve the danger spot function. :thumb:

Now we are in mid March and I contacted them again as no new SW update is available and they tell me that the SW update is to be released but can not confirm any date) :crazy:

Has any of you aware of this?

Regards

Hi guys,

I am using the Becker Map Pilot one year and some months ago I purchased the danger spot function.

My feeling about how danger spot function works is really bad. The warning level is weak (similar to the phone noise when we receive an e-mail), do not give sign if overspeed, do not show how far are us from the speed camera, sometimes warn you when the speed camera is a paralel street, etc.

Therefore I have complained some times to Becker support center. Late January they told me by phone that a new SW update will appear by end of February that will significantly improve the danger spot function. :thumb:

Now we are in mid March and I contacted them again as no new SW update is available and they tell me that the SW update is to be released but can not confirm any date) :crazy:

Has any of you aware of this?

Regards

Hi,

I can confirm I have the same issues as you (along with a few others) and I have also contacted Becker Support. I was also told an 'update' will be available in March but no exact date. I have been checking this site regularly to see if anyone got it yet.

Have you noticed that sometimes Becker tries to take you off a straighforward route and then back on again at the same junction. This happens to me Northbound on the A329M at the Junction with the A4 (READING). It also complains that I am speeding so it thinks I am on a 30 mph Road even though I am still on the Dual Carraigeway with 7-mph limit.

For your issue with the 'Warnings' I had the same frustration with it warning about Cameras that werent even on the Route. I go past a spot where there are Cameras on boths sides of the dual carraigeway and also there are 2 or 3 in side streets near by, the unit goes off about 6 times in the space of 300 yds.

I got to behave in an acceptable (but not perfect) way by doing th following.

a) Set it to ONLY warn if over the speed limit
b) Set the Verbal warning for Speed to 5mph Over Limit.

That way if I inadvertantly go over limit I get the 'Please watch your speed' warning and also the 'Beep' if near a camera in this scenario but otherwise it stays blissfully quiet.

I asked Becker to consider changing /adding the Speed warning as a % rather than fixed amount over limit as (in the UK) being able to get a warning at 5 or 10% over 30mph is far better than at 35 or 40 mph.

Fingers crossed the update will be good, the Postcode issue is fixed apparently so lets hope its more usable :)

They told me February in January, then March in February, so I think they are not being honest so I am not expecting anything now. If it doesn't come in March I shall ask for my money back as I paid for regular updates

Well I hope it does arrive soon but I would rather have it stable and a month or two later. Given they are fixing postcode issues, warnings functionality maybe it will be worth it.

That's still no excuse for a lack of map updates however

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom