Update dvd navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
Hi everyone. I got such a good response last time I asked a question,I thought I would ask another. My car is a 2005 CL600, I presume the navigation disc is the same age. If I purchase an upto date disc,is it just a simple matter of inserting the new disc? I intend to purchase the new disc from a MB dealer in Germany (£70 cheaper). This may be a simple question to a lot of people,however,I am no technophobe. Someone told me last week you can now get colour TV, whatever next. Thank you in advance for any help.

Yes, just get the new disc in and you're good to go. I bought the latest original disc from Germany too and it was about £80 all in.

Hi Alx, thank you for taking time to reply. You got yours cheaper,the chap wants £145 plus postage. If you can steer me to a cheaper one???? The object in question... Comand APS NTG1 part No A2118273965. Thanks again,John

Sorry John, should have mentioned mine is DX type and UK/Eire only, whereas yours seems to cover whole of Europe.

Here's your disc a bit cheaper @ about £128 + postage. The seller accepts your price offer too, so maybe worth a try?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Just make sure you are being sent an original disc rather than a copy.

Hi,Thanks for your help. Done and dusted. Once again, well done on your ML, I do not suffer from bouts of envy very often, HOWEVER....

Hi MARKJAY thank you. I will give it a good coat of looking at prior to use. I have a friend who purchased a copy,cost him a small fortune in the end,far more than the cost of a genuine item.John

Last time I did it you had to go to a dealer to have them make it operate properly. That was on an S class about 2006 or 7. Has that changed?

You may sometimes need a Comand firmware update before you can install a map update, the dvd will tell you if it is required, but no map updates dont have to be done by the dealer.

If you buy genuine NTG1 / NTG2 map disks, then no extra firmware update is needed as the disk contains all you need.

On the newer NTG 2.5 and NTG 4 systems a firmware update might be needed. This has to be done by your local MB dealer or someone with a supported (genuine) STAR system.

Hi and thank you, I paid E140 + post of E6. I will update my post when fitted. As an aside I bought four AMG wheels plus tyres off Ebay for £1000+ Listed as new,19inch 245 40 on front, 265 35 on rear. The wheels were used and the tyres though new were made in 2002. I returned them for a refund,the </@&%$ who sold them sent an echeque to paypal that bounced after 10 days. The ??person now has over a K of my money and his wheels and tyres. The good news is that Ebay says it will refund me the full cost,I will post an update when it is in my grubby mit. Should the person or a friend (if he has any) re-list the items I will post a warning note.

How did you get on Woody?

Hi,sorry I am a tad late in my update.The disc only took three days to arrive and is the genuine thing. Insert disc, wait two minutes,lock car from outside,wait two minutes,and Robert is your Mothers brother. Woody.:D

Hi,sorry I am a tad late in my update.The disc only took three days to arrive and is the genuine thing. Insert disc, wait two minutes,lock car from outside,wait two minutes,and Robert is your Mothers brother. Woody.:D

Hi Woody
Does he sell them all the time?

Cheers Ian

Hi Woody
Does he sell them all the time?

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian,
Yes, sells all sorts of navi discs. The one I purchased was for all Europe,you can get them cheaper if you just want the UK and Ireland.
The sellers name on Ebay is: navi-rmsklep The item I bought was number 180722949384, hope this helps.Woody

If you buy genuine NTG1 / NTG2 map disks, then no extra firmware update is needed as the disk contains all you need.

On the newer NTG 2.5 and NTG 4 systems a firmware update might be needed. This has to be done by your local MB dealer or someone with a supported (genuine) STAR system.
Yes. I have recently bought an early 2010 ML350cdi and as part of the deal they agreed to supply update for the satnav (COMAND). Disc came direct to me from MB. It says update to COMAND is needed before installing.

Dealer has offered to do the installation free as says that soem take only a few minutes but some can take up to three hours depending on how extensive and they put the car on a battery charger while all is being done. If you don't the battery can go falt and possible to harm COMAND if happens while installing the disc update. So they advise get it done by a dealer and they make no charge for doing this for those who service regularly with them.

Just back from the dealer in Southampton and having the latest update to COMAND done and then them installing the latest sat-nav update. Be warned: - it took 3.5 hours to run the satnav update! A long time to have the ignition on so you really do need to be on a battery charger IMO.

While I was there the foreman said there are a lot of updates for other systems in the September batch -so many they've been delayed a week or two. Will get those done when I get serviced in January.

Told him how delighted I am with the latest update to the seven speed auto box which they did for me a week or so back. It is now seamless, silky and just as it should be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom