Update firmware on command NTG 2.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m11nch

Car
ml270,ml420,ml280
Hi I'm trying to work out my best option. On upgrading a command 2.5
I've heard that MB dealers do it free when you qoute this a the service dept
TIPS document number GI82.85-P-046208.
Has anyone had any success with this is /was there a time limit

Also I came across this thread that I might try
Firmware update NTG2.5
Not sure on This as the number need to be the same

I also have been told that online scn coding can be done for £35 by team viewer
If your c3/c4 is connected to the car
Which sounds tempting as I could also do gearbox and other ecu's firmware at the time

Any thoughts ideas welcome

When you say "upgrading" , what are you looking to upgrade - maps , firmware etc?

I had my maps updated by Comandonline and they said if the unit had an earlier firmware version then it was a dealer job to update it , if it was as simple as installing a download then i am sure Comand could have done it.

Just be careful as you dont want to turn it into a "brick" , an expensive one.

I had the maps updated , DAB radio option activated , Reversing camera activation switched on.

I just removed the unit and sent it off to them whilst we were away on holiday for a week.

Kenny

How much did it cost to update firmware on your ntg2.5 ?
Thanks

How much did it cost to update firmware on your ntg2.5 ?
Thanks

The firmware version on my headunit was up to date enough to support the latest map versions

My car , CLS, is a 2010 model.

Until you find out what version your firmware is , via the engineering menu, then you won't know if it is compatible with whatever modification you were thinking about doing.

So is it an update for the sake of an update or did you have a specific reason for doing it.

Kenny

how to check firmware version step by step? i dont want to mees about, have car for just over week, but been told by original owner he never bothered about asking for update when on servis

soory for being lame.. but how do i know if mine is ntg 2.5? looks different than the one in provided link

thank you. still confused to determine exact one
need to find out about engineering mode where it shoud state ntg number

If you post up the year of your car then I am sure someone will be able to assist.

Doesn't it not give the comand version in your audio manual ?

Kenny

there is no luck in finding it in the manual. only general information and instructions stated, no ntg version.
i only managed to find out in comand settings my maps are dated 2014 (v10.0) Europe
it is 2013 model, ordered in april and registered in july. it has harman kardon upgraded speakers and linguatronic, if it does matter.

edit.
it has 10GB internal hdd for mp3 and screen size is 7inch
btw from wikipedia - lower numbers dont mean earlier version, as ntg 2.5 i newer to ntg4

Last edited:
Went to the dealer in slough today
They really don't want to know
I pushed them to update the command firmware they told me it would be £170 to find out what firmware I need then another £500 to update the command firmware
I ask why so much and they told me it takes a long time on the diagnostic machine to sort out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom