UPDATE on automatic problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chiefriley

Car
1999 cle
so, i was having problems..99 320 clk auto...

it would sometimes just drive in what can only be described as first...revving like HELL, not dropping into gear at all, even when i dropped it into first and worked up to 5th...if i stopped and started again sometimes it would be fine...

SO i took it in to have the transmission fluid changed, he drained it, re topped and there's no difference!!!

the ABS and ASC lights are on and sometimes they go off, someone on here said after having a problem like mine, they fixed that and the gears worked fine??

i noticed now theres a drop in power i have top push down on the accelarator ie: not as 'keen' as it was, also it was bad this morning and here in the UK it was frost cold?? does that have anything to do with it, it has the W and S mode.

and before everyone says hook it up to a star, i am looking for someone nearby that will im in west yorkshire.

cheers in advance guys

Why do you think that there is something wrong with the gearbox? It sounds to me like you have a problem with the ABS or traction control and the car is going into limp mode restricting you to second gear

I just presumed as when I typed the symptoms in, the most common answer was the fluid change, I appreciate your thoughts there ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom