Update on Dave (Davina) the Duck for John

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Well, today was the day....... We opened up Davinas run and let her off into the big wide world, she came out and looked a bit disorientated and wandered about the front lawn all afternoon trying her wings and eating the plants and grass.... when i left at 2.30pm she was still on the front grass sitting under a tree in the shade.

I suppose eventually she will decide to leave the island, but i reckon she will still stay local, we have given her a yellow tag on her leg so we can see if she does infact stick around.

I have asked the evening shift to keep an eye on her, and if she is still sitting on the front lawn at 10pm to try and hustle her back into the hutch , as we get foxes on the island at night sometimes and with her not being able to fly just yet ( probably in a weeks time ) it might be best to keep her out of harms way .

Anyway here are some piccys, the first is her a week after we found her, the rest are taken today as we let her go... ( there is a difference of about 6 weeks between the pictures ) she was eating a whole iceberg lettuce a day and about 300 g of chick crumb before we let her go.

More piccys.....

Hi Howard,
Thanks very much for the update, you must be so pleased with what you have acheived.

It is certainly a good idea to keep an eye on her.

If folks have to work, then I cannot think of a better location. The scenery looks stunning.

Thanks again,
John

I'll dig out some piccys that show the lock island a bit better later and post them up for you John .... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom