update to 'SLK 200 Dilema'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pricega1

Car
2014 SLK 200
You may remember me writing this:-
'
Hi,

I haven't posted for quite some time having sold my C180 Kompressor. I'm now in a bit of a dilema. My Wife and I are about to turn 50; she has a VW Lupo and we've been thinking of changing it or just buying, what her late Father would call a 'hobby car'. Not you understand referring to any car in particular but the concept of a third car, a car which you would use now and again, probably bringing it out in the summer. So today we went out and found an SLK200, (having looked at an MX5, Audi TT, Honda S2000)very good condition for it's age, two owners, below averge miles. It seemed to fit the bill in every way, the optimum choice of all we looked at. Now my Wife doesn't do alot of miles, 2 to 3000 a year so it's difficult to justify buying it, although we do like the car and the thought of the pleasure of owning it. So the question is what is your experience in matters such as these, how have you justified purchasing such a car either as a second or third car? '

Well yesterday we finally went and bought the car:D. We'd pondered it all week, Still wondering if we've done the right thing:crazy:. We pick it up next Saturday. I must say I think we got a cracking deal. Just under £14k, 31800 miles, airscarf, heated seats, 6 cd changer. There's a pee sized ding above the nearside rear bumper that they're sorting, reconolising the drivrs seat (partly), refurbing the alloys where needed, changing the radio out cos the facia is scratched, years MOT, and warranty, oh and a new rear tyre, and new mats and a tank of petrol. That sound OK to you guys?

sounds nice mate!

if you bought through mercedes benz; they have been giving out 2 years tier 1 warranties.... which are very comprehensive and worth their weight in gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom