update your home routers folks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cr*ppy article.

Intended to publicise some security advisory or consultants - and not offer actual advice IMO.

Easy stuff for third party news websites to take up these 'reports' and regurgitate them as news.

Last edited:
No...its the router itself that can be compromised allowing a remote attacker access inside your home network.

Check if there are any firmware updates for your router...change the default passord and ip ranges and ensure your computers all have firewalls enabled.

Some routers are so open they need to be changed.

Had one this week at work..home user.. router with usb attached HDD. Entire life visible and indexed on Google. ..

I've got two tin cans and a piece of string connecting me to my ISP, or at least it feels like that sometimes.. is string vulnerable?

Cheers,

Gaz

My eircom router would easily have suffered from this especially the old one which had the key made up from the routers serial number or something. I had changed the default password but now i will change the ip address as well.

Wemorgan wpa2 -psk is good but make the password random and as long as possible. Random generators are available just search "make eircom router secure" and you can find a passphrase generator.

Cheers Sp!ke for the reminder.

....or just open the router for traffic and place a proper firewall between the router and the LAN.

What would you consider a good firewall ?

And why does googleads keep popping up whenever i try to quote someone ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom