Update your sat-nav for just £99 - promo from MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PenelopePitstop

Car
Was SLK55 2014, Audi A8
Got the email with some AMG promotions and one of them was:

"Update your sat-nav for just £99.

Want to get the best of your Mercedes-Benz navigation system? Update your maps with the very latest navigation data for all of Europe for just £99.

Book your update now at your local Mercedes-Benz retailer."

Here's the link to the form - https://forms.mercedes-benz.co.uk/navigationupdate

Don't see any T&C for this offer, model limitations, etc.

One limitation I am only too well aware of is W/S204 Comand NTG4 build date before 11/08 will only take updates to V12 2014-15. Wonder what would happen if I booked, they tried to install the latest version and froze my Comand?? I already have V12 installed but no longer have the DVD's, so it would be interesting!!

One limitation I am only too well aware of is W/S204 Comand NTG4 build date before 11/08 will only take updates to V12 2014-15. Wonder what would happen if I booked, they tried to install the latest version and froze my Comand?? I already have V12 installed but no longer have the DVD's, so it would be interesting!!

Guess if they brick its down to them to repair it, i.e. get it back to the condition before they worked on it? :)

Might be worth a try then, as I bet the replacement Comand would be the post 11/08 NTG4 which has a large enough nav partition on the HDD to take the later than V12 updates!!

had my nav updated in june europe 2016/2017 v15.0 £120 by marshalls of preston

Sorry to be thick, how do I know the age of my current satnav ?

Cheers

Gerry

Sorry to be thick, how do I know the age of my current satnav ?

Cheers

Gerry

Switch to navigation mode
press the navi button.
slide the controller down select options.
then select map options. :thumb:

the link does not quote the cost anywhere.
I have filled in anyway, let's see what the dealer comes back with.

My maps are from 2012 is there much difference now with the latest 2017 (i assume) version?

Thanks

I've signed up for it... We'll see what happens

Not as good as it sounds, it's £99 for the DVD only, if you need a pin they are going to hit you for another charge on top again. I was quoted £187 for DVD and pin. Told them I'll stick with my iPhone and google maps.

Why so much just for the pin? I just paid £69 for our BMW to be updated. Done through download onto usb with supplied Pin and valid for 24months!!!

Even the Becker system is cheaper at €89. Is the command system that more better (twice as much)?

Not as good as it sounds, it's £99 for the DVD only, if you need a pin they are going to hit you for another charge on top again. I was quoted £187 for DVD and pin. Told them I'll stick with my iPhone and google maps.

There's a * with explanation: *price excludes any applicable licence updates.

But then it's false advertising because it's impossible to update it without licence code. Let's wait for more reports.

I bought dedicated Android phone for navigation apps and it costed me £150. I can take it with me to any of my cars and don't have to pay for any upgrades. Live traffic works much better than on Comand, even though it's coming from the same source. That was the main reason that prompted me to buy it, so it's back to old solutions, cable on the dash.

Car manufacturers can charge whatever they want for map updates... it's a free market.

BUT - honesty and transparency in advertising is a whole different thing. They should be up front about the cost. Anyone cares to complain to the ASA?

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

It's the outrageous cost involved that annoys me. If I can buy a new satnav with free maps for its life time for £100, or a phone with google of other maps for probably even less, why does Mercedes expect £187!

My local dealer wasn't even aware of the offer!
So I sent them a link - they were surprised to say the least, and now they are checking with MB HQ to see if this applies to ALL dealers :s

anyone had contact from dealer yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom